    I do note that just as the publish web is ending no blue ribbon crosses from
    left to right . I can click DONE but the edit of the subweb fails.

    Could having Windows 7 be problem, or what? I had XP Home before.

    FrontPage 2002 on windows 7, Feb 14, 2010

  2. FrontPage 2002 on windows 7

    Ronx Guest

    Does your host support subwebs? (some don't)

    Were there any error messages?

    Was there anything in the subweb that would take more than a second to
    publish? (you may have blinked when the blue line flashed across :)

    Have you opened the remote site to check if the subweb has been created - if
    not, again: Does your host support subwebs?
    On some servers, you have to create the subweb on the server before you can
    publish to it.

    Did you use FTP or HTTP (with FP extensions) to publish? If FTP, did you
    put in the correct folder for the subweb in Publishing or remote Site
    properties?

    When publishing, did you publish the root web and tick the box that allows
    subwebs to be published, or did you just publish the subweb - and was the
    destination entered correctly?

    So many questions....

    If Windows 7 were the problem (and I am not saying it wasn't), there would
    probably have been a system error message, such as "Out of memory..", or "No
    server found on Port 80", or similar.

    --
    Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

    Ronx, Feb 14, 2010

  3. website: www.johndorf.com

    A section near bottom of Homepage entitled "Transactional Real Estate Fiorms
    Authored by John",

    Click on section and then on the sublease on choose page entitled "Documents
    Authored by John Dorf" entitled NYC General Motors Bldg. Office Space
    Sublease and edit it, then press FILE-SAVE and then PUBLISH WEB, while the
    message at end is that the publish was successful , when I then click DONE
    and go to the website I see the attempted edit of the sublease completely
    failed.

    I did for a test edit some words on the Homepage itself and that edit WAS
    successful.

    I DO NOTE THAT just as the Publish Web is ending NO BLUE RIBBON CROSSES FROM
    LEFT TO RIGHT. I can click DONE but the edit of the sublease fails.

    suggestions. ( the same site worked on Windows XP before) .

    FrontPage 2002 on windows 7, Feb 15, 2010
  4. FrontPage 2002 on windows 7

    Ronx Guest

    Go through the questions I asked in my previous page, and answer them, one
    by one.

    From this response, I don't know if you are editing a page or a page in a
    subweb. it sounds as though it could be just a page used an an include in
    the home page - what happens when you "click on the section"? When you
    click, is the cntrl key depressed or not? Is this in the browser or in
    FrontPage? - just clicking on something in FrontPage highlights the
    something, you need control-click to open a page.

    We need clear descriptions of what you are doing, the structure of your
    site.
    is legal_documents a subweb or a folder?

    Ronx, Feb 15, 2010
  5. FrontPage 2002 on windows 7

    hortonseo

    Joined:
    May 24, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just posted this, but here it is again;

    Actually, there is an easy fix for this "Out of Memory" error that I just discovered.

    1) Right click on the Frontpage 2002 icon and go to Properties.
    2) When the window pops up, click on the Compatibility tab. (photo attached here)
    3) Checkmark the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then choose Windows XP or whatever Windows version worked for you before.
    4) Click Apply.

    I did this and haven't had any problems since. Not sure why Microsoft is ignoring this super easy fix other than to hit you up for upgrades. Hope it works for you.

    :cheers:

    hortonseo, May 24, 2012