FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Microsoft Frontpage' started by FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. Hi ,

    FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7 , Following Issues

    1. SAVE AS… error - not enough memory ( memory is there)

    2. Unable to Insert IMAGE From File - FrontPage fades

    3.Other sporadic issues - error messages while opening or publishing

    Tried the below steps : ( it works fine on Windows XP ) ( few of them are
    from forums)

    Removed temporary files, removed cmdui.prf, removed *.web
    Checked in Windows Safe mode
    removed FrontPage addins
    Installed latest updates for FrontPage ( Sp3)
    checked FrontPage server Extensions - they are fine
    Uninstalled and reinstalled FP
    unable to run as compatible with XP
    checked in a new windows user account

    Please let me know what can i do ? any suggestions ?

    Thank you for any help

    FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit, Jan 22, 2010

  2. FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit

    Ronx Guest

    If you have Windows Professional or Ultimate, install FrontPage in XPmode,
    and run it in the virtual machine.

    --
    Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

    Ronx, Jan 22, 2010

  3. Hi Ron ,

    How do we install in XP mode and run in the Virtual Machine,

    Please give detialed instructions or a site or link where i can follow the
    instructions.

    FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit, Jan 25, 2010
  4. FrontPage 2003 on windows 7 64 bit

    Ronx Guest

    Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx
    Download the check tool (item 2 on the page) and make sure your PC can run
    the virtual machine.
    Select your system
    and download and install both the files on that appear on the page in the
    order indicated (item 4). No files will be shown until you select the
    Windows version you are using.

    When installed, click Start->All Programs->Windows Virtual PC->Windows
    XPmode
    Install FrontPage in the Windows XP window. There is a video on download
    page that shows how to set things up.

    If you install FrontPage for all users (if necessary use Windows XP explorer
    to drag the start menu item into the start menu for all users in Documents
    and Settings) you can open FrontPage as if it were running in Windows 7
    after closing the Virtual Machine.

    Ronx, Jan 25, 2010