    then unhide columns A-C. But I still can't get both multiple rows and
    columns frozen because when I free one the others unfreeze.

    What the heck am I missing?

    Sean Nelson, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Sean,

    On the top Ribbon, click on Page Layout, then click on Print Titles. All
    you need is there.

    Bob Morris

    robert morris, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Sean Nelson

    VincentG

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Freezing title rows/columns

    The answer previously given concerns printing only. In order to freeze the pane on your screen:

    To lock rows, select the row below the header row(s)
    To lock columns, select the column to the right of the cells you want to freeze
    To lock both rows and columns, click the cell below and to the right (just one cell).

    View tab > Window group. click Freeze Panes

    After you freeze panes, the Freeze Panes icon will change to Unfreeze Panes

    VincentG, Jan 22, 2009
  4. Sean Nelson

    Sean Nelson Guest

    "robert morris" wrote:
    > On the top Ribbon, click on Page Layout, then click on Print Titles. All
    > you need is there.

    That only affects printed output, not the screen window.

    From another post I discovered the secret: in order to freeze multiple rows
    and columns you need to select a BLOCK of cells rather than just one cell.
    With a BLOCK of cells selected, the View Tab's "Freeze Panes" drop-down list
    offers a "Freeze Panes" option instead of just "Freeze Top Row" and "Freeze
    First Column" options.

    The weird thing is that once you've discovered this and used it, the "Freeze
    Panes" option seems to always be available from that point on, even if you
    unfreeze the panes and select only a single cell, and even if you
    stop/restart Excel. Looks like some kind of bug to me...

    Sean Nelson, Jan 23, 2009
  5. Sean Nelson

    tasar

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I suppose this is a feature and not a bug. If you want to freeze both the top row and the leftmost column (for instance) and you had already frozen the top row, you have to undo the frozen top row first! Otherwise, multiple freeze option does not work...
    So, all you have to do is to go to view and click on unfreeze panes option to undo all frozen rows and columns. Once you do that, you may go to a single cell that is immediately underneath the top row and the left most column (or columns) that you want to freeze and go back to view freeze panes and click on freeze.
    This will work like a charm!

    tasar, Jul 24, 2009
  6. Sean Nelson

    Todd ODell Guest

    Freeze multiple rows/columns in Excel 2007 - SeanNelso

    Seems you can select a given column or row and click the Freeze Pane. I was able to just select a cell and then the Freeze Pane as well for the two axis. Hope this helps.

    Todd

    SeanNelso wrote:

    Freeze multiple rows/columns in Excel 2007
    15-Jan-09

    I want to freeze the top three rows and left four columns of a workbook

    In Excel 2003 I could place the cursor at R4C5 and use "freeze panes" to do
    this. Workbooks created in this version display with the proper rows and
    columns frozen in Excel 2007

    But in Excel 2007, I can only freeze the topmost row or the leftmost column
    using the "View" tab and the "Freeze Pane" drop-down button. What's worse,
    when I use "Freeze Top Row", any frozen columns are UNfrozen, and vice versa

    I found a sneaky way to freeze multiple columns by hiding columns - for
    example to free the left four columns I hide columns A-C, freeze column D,
    then unhide columns A-C. But I still can't get both multiple rows and
    columns frozen because when I free one the others unfreeze

    What the heck am I missing?

    WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx

    Todd ODell, Sep 25, 2009
  9. Sean Nelson

    Nkule

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2011
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    South Africa, KZN, PMB
    If you want to freeze the first three rows and the first 4 row just select cells E4 and go to the view tab under the windows group select freeze panes.

    Nkule, Mar 9, 2011
  10. I'm surprised that you didn't find the answer when Googling for "Excel
    2007" "freeze panes":
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF8?&q="Excel+2007"+"freeze+panes"

    As well as various third part answers, there are answers from Microsoft
    including:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/freeze-or-lock-rows-and-columns-HP001217048.aspx

    David Biddulph

    David Biddulph, Oct 6, 2011
  11. Sean Nelson

    waerf

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Are you serious? VincentG posted the correct answer in 2009, second reply!

    waerf, Jan 13, 2012
  12. Sean Nelson

    Tee Cee

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You rock. This is the only place online I was able to find a solution. Thanks a ton for posting:thumb:.

    Tee Cee, Jun 14, 2012