    up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
    my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?

    Thanks

    SS, Jul 10, 2006

  2. SS

    jedisb Guest

    You can try PC Inspector Smart Recovery:
    http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    jedisb, Jul 10, 2006

  3. SS

    socrtwo Guest

    SS wrote:
    > Have a 1Gb SD card that displays pictures in the camera but some do not show
    > up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
    > my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?
    >
    > Thanks

    See my page of them:

    http://www.s2services.com/cameraundeletefreeware.htm

    They include:

    * Smart Flash Recovery
    * Smart FAT Recovery
    * Digital Image Recovery
    * PC INSPECTORâ„¢smart recovery
    * Zero Assumption Digital Image Recovery - considered the best I think
    * PhotoRec
    * DataRecovery
    * Recovery Managerâ„¢
    * PicaJet Photo Recovery
    * Exif Untrasher - Mac freeware
    * DNG Recover Edges - specialized for recovering edges of photos
    * Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier
    * jpg-recover - you'll need to make an image of the disk first with say
    Disk Image (http://www.roadkil.net/DiskImg.html) or maybe a few others
    on my page here: http://www.s2services.com/diskimagingfreeware.htm.

    Note about Zero Image - "Original Digital Image Recovery was freeware,
    but ZAR 7.9 seems not?

    The digital picture recovery functions are implemented in the trial
    version of ZAR 7.9 in full. Hence you just need to download the
    evaluation version of ZAR 7.9 and it does the job at no charge. So,
    picture recovery functions are actually freeware. There are no plans to
    charge for it."

    socrtwo, Jul 11, 2006
  4. SS

    Al Klein Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:17:56 GMT, "SS" <> wrote:

    >Have a 1Gb SD card that displays pictures in the camera but some do not show
    >up on the card reader in the computer - is there any freeware that can check
    >my card and recover the apparently missing files and repair them?

    Make sure that the driver you have for your reader can read a 1 GB
    card. Older drivers stop at 512 or 256 MB. (HP once told me that the
    TI reader HARDWARE in my laptop couldn't read larger than 256 MB, but
    they've come out with a 4 GB driver since then, so go figure.)

    Al Klein, Jul 11, 2006