FP2002 Error 425

John Cameron

I have previously successfully uploaded files to a Web
site and now I am having trouble connecting. I am getting
the following error message: "425 Unable to build
connection. Connection timed out."

Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this
problem and how to fix it?

Vijay R Gangolli [MSFT]

Hi John,

Are you publising using FTP? If so, when publishing to the FTP Server,
under the Publish Site option in FP2003, select FTP and ensure that the
“Use Passive FTP” option is checked.

ELSE disable the Proxy client/Firewall application and connect to the
internet directly.

Regards,
Vijay

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers
no rights

| From: "John Cameron" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "John Cameron" <[email protected]>
| Subject: FP2002 Error 425
| Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:06:38 -0800

| I have previously successfully uploaded files to a Web
| site and now I am having trouble connecting. I am getting
| the following error message: "425 Unable to build
| connection. Connection timed out."
|
| Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this
| problem and how to fix it?

Vijay R Gangolli [MSFT]

Hi John,

If you have any Firewall software/Proxy s/w try disabling it completely or
uninstalling it.

Regards,
Vijay

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers
no rights

| From: "John Cameron" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "John Cameron" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: FP2002 Error 425
| Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:26:44 -0800
|
| Vijay,
|
| I'm using FrontPage 2002.
|
| Regards,
| John

| >|
| >| I have previously successfully uploaded files to a Web
| >| site and now I am having trouble connecting. I am
| getting
| >| the following error message: "425 Unable to build
| >| connection. Connection timed out."
| >|
| >| Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this
| >| problem and how to fix it?
| >|