FP 2000 Wants To Delete Files Using FTP

Dick

I have been using FTP to publish my website using FP 2000 because of
problems with the ISP. However, because I use my website for other
things, every time I try to publish the website FP finds these other
files and asks if they should be deleted. I have to click no, no,
no,.......... Is there a way to turn this off so it doesn't ask? It
would be nice if FP had a No To All like it does a Yes To All.

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]

If your server supports subwebs, you could put all those "other things" into
a subweb.

Dick

I have never created a subweb. Do I need to remove these maverick
folders from my website, then recreate them as subwebs in FP?

Dick

Stefan B Rusynko

No just open the online site in FP and right click the folder to convert to web

--

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message | I have never created a subweb. Do I need to remove these maverick
| folders from my website, then recreate them as subwebs in FP?
|
| Dick
|
| On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:46:12 -0400, "Kathleen Anderson [MVP -
|
| >If your server supports subwebs, you could put all those "other things" into
| >a subweb.

Dick

I have tried every combination of addresses I can think of to open the
site in FP. Nothing seems to work. Can you give me some hints on
exactly how to do that? FTP is the only way I can access the site. I
can't use HTTP. I can go to Open Web, click on IE and open the web
with the normal address, but then I just see the website and not the
folders.

Thomas A. Rowe

If the remote site doesn't have the FP extensions, then it is not possible to open it directly in
FP.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Dick,
Post the URL to your site.

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message | I have tried every combination of addresses I can think of to open the
| site in FP. Nothing seems to work. Can you give me some hints on
| exactly how to do that? FTP is the only way I can access the site. I
| can't use HTTP. I can go to Open Web, click on IE and open the web
| with the normal address, but then I just see the website and not the
| folders.
|

| On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 06:25:24 -0400, "Stefan B Rusynko"
|
| >No just open the online site in FP and right click the folder to convert to web

Dick

http://myweb.cableone.net/rhughes/

BTW, my ISP does have the server extensions installed, but for some
reason, starting earlier this year, I have not been able to publish
with HTTP. I have asked for help on this group, and talked to the ISP
tech support several times with no solution. I finally gave up and
just started using FTP which works fine except for the problem of
foreign folders not in the web. Back when I could use HTTP to
publish, FP just ignored these folders. FTP doesn't.

Dick

Tom Pepper Willett

The tests indicate your ISP does *not* have the server extensions installed.

How to check and see if FP Server Extensions are installed on the host
server:
http://www.dnswiz.com/fptype.htm

or, type in your website root URL with /_vti_inf.html ex:
http://www.mysitename.com/_vti_inf.html and you will see whether your site
has them installed and enabled.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
| http://myweb.cableone.net/rhughes/
|
| BTW, my ISP does have the server extensions installed, but for some
| reason, starting earlier this year, I have not been able to publish
| with HTTP. I have asked for help on this group, and talked to the ISP
| tech support several times with no solution. I finally gave up and
| just started using FTP which works fine except for the problem of
| foreign folders not in the web. Back when I could use HTTP to
| publish, FP just ignored these folders. FTP doesn't.
|
| Dick
|

| On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:03:24 -0700, Rob Giordano \(aka: Crash Gordon®\)
|
| >Dick,
| >Post the URL to your site.
| >

| >"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
| >| I have tried every combination of addresses I can think of to open the
| >| site in FP. Nothing seems to work. Can you give me some hints on
| >| exactly how to do that? FTP is the only way I can access the site. I
| >| can't use HTTP. I can go to Open Web, click on IE and open the web
| >| with the normal address, but then I just see the website and not the
| >| folders.
| >|
| >|
| >| On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 06:25:24 -0400, "Stefan B Rusynko"
| >|
convert to web
| >|

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Either you host uninstalled the FP extensions or they're broken...looks like not installed. Sooo...you'll not be able to publish to Http:// or open your site live...there's yer problem.

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message | http://myweb.cableone.net/rhughes/

| BTW, my ISP does have the server extensions installed, but for some
| reason, starting earlier this year, I have not been able to publish
| with HTTP. I have asked for help on this group, and talked to the ISP
| tech support several times with no solution. I finally gave up and
| just started using FTP which works fine except for the problem of
| foreign folders not in the web. Back when I could use HTTP to
| publish, FP just ignored these folders. FTP doesn't.
|
| Dick
|

| On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:03:24 -0700, Rob Giordano \(aka: Crash Gordon®\)
|
| >Dick,
| >Post the URL to your site.
| >

| >"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message | >| I have tried every combination of addresses I can think of to open the
| >| site in FP. Nothing seems to work. Can you give me some hints on
| >| exactly how to do that? FTP is the only way I can access the site. I
| >| can't use HTTP. I can go to Open Web, click on IE and open the web
| >| with the normal address, but then I just see the website and not the
| >| folders.
| >|
| >|
| >| On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 06:25:24 -0400, "Stefan B Rusynko"
| >|

Dick

When I ran the test on myweb.cableone.net the test reported that FP
extensions "were" installed. Version 4.0.2.7802. However, if I run
the test on myweb.cableone.net/rhughes/ it shows they are not
installed. Is it possible to have them installed on the server, but
not on my individual web site?

Dick

Thomas A. Rowe

Yes.