Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox and PC)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's priced at £50; £65 and £80 depending on which version you buy.

I see the demo available for Win 10 and Xbox 1, I'll probably try it on the console.

A couple of months after Forza 7 was released for Xbox 1/Win 10 at £50 for the standard version the GAME store offered the disk copy instore for £18.00 which was too good to sniff at so I bought a copy and have played it a fair bit, I think it's very good.

But by buying the hard copy I forfeited my chance to also play it on Win 10, that only works if you buy the digital download copy. But £18 compared to £50? No contest :D

Previously I've moaned a bit cos I couldn't get Gears Of War 4 to work on Win 10 but I tried it recently and now it does :confused: I don't know why. I paid fifty quid for GOW4 incidentally and you can now pick it up in a GAME store for £15.00.

I haven't played the Xbox 1 much lately, about all I've visited is Forza 7.

Also worth mentioning is my local GAME shop - Lewisham - closed recently and now the nearest branch is further away at Bromley.

I hope I'm not being cynical here, just factual, I'll try the Horizon 4 demo and look forward to the whole game but I'll wait til price drops before full purchase.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to play it yet?
Yes! Had a good blast last night. Runs very well. Looks amazing.

On my PC with everything as high as it goes at 1080p I get 90+ fps.

I pre ordered the Ultimate Edition. Yes its £80 but you get the game and two expansions plus a load of other stuff so its not as bad of a deal as it sounds.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This unlocks for me at 12:01 tonight! I can't wait, really looking forward to it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I played the demo - it really is very good.

But paying that much for a game and then seeing it selling at a quarter price about 9 months later goes against the grain for me.

Sometimes I think if stopped spending money on dozens of cheap games that mostly turned out disappointing and a waste of money I could just buy a few good expensive games that at least I would play regularly.

The last game I paid full price for was Nier Automata and I played the crap out of that.

Quite fancy the new Tomb Raider as well and that's pricey.

Anyhow, be sure to let us know what you think of this one after you've played it a bit.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I hear you. But I know from previous Forza games I'll get a ****ton of hours out of it. I rarely buy games at full price anymore. I've not even thought about pre ordering BFV, despite it being WW2 and having enjoyed the alpha and beta. I just do not have the time I used to.

I also have an obligation to fill, my gf's nephew has it too so i need to beat him at it, I mean play it with him. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I played about an hour after it unlocked last night, all is well.

By the way, The Ultimate Edition does include two expansion packs, amongst other things, which would usually be about £20 each, so it does make the price a little easier on the wallet. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Made the BBC News: The Cotswolds and The Lake District and Wapping

I'm tempted by this.

I've said it before but time was a game was released whole, you paid your money and you received the lot and if it was multiplayer then that meant all players had the same maps or tracks.

Then some breadhead/greedy bastid had the idea of splitting the game into chunks and making gamers pay twice as much for the whole game labelling parts of it 'Digital Extra' or 'deluxe' edition. And it would appear most purchasers of their software now accept this.

Well I don't so **** 'em :D

It's understandable purchasing 'DLC', say, six months after the original games release but charging for three separate parts of the same game on release day is, imo, bang out of order.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This game is bloody great! :cool:

What can I say, its runs flawlessly, looks stunning, plays great and there is just so much to do, sometimes I honestly don't know where to go next.

Anyone who likes driving games and is on the fence about this, get it, you won't be disappointed.

Hey Flops, have you looked at Game Pass? I think you get a free month is you've not had it before. FH4 is included as well as many others, might be an option for you?

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass

Ask a Question