Flops' Friday mini blog

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On Wednesday evening I managed to spill a full glass of red wine into my Logi G15 keyboard and ruined it :(

I did take it apart and cleaned everything but I think the wine must have shorted something in the electronics cos lots of the keys wouldn't work. So I threw a keyboard costing more than fifty quid in the dustbin.

I have been so impressed with the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard I bought a few weeks back I went and bought another one. Ordered online from PC World for £30 and collected from store, they're priced at £40 in the shop.

Despite being something of a Logi fanboy I do like these Saitek keyboards a lot and in all the years I owned the Logi G15 I never got round to using any Macros and the little flip-up screen was a distraction and an annoyance so I never used that either.

I've said it before but if I had got another Logi keyboard it would have been the G11 which is identical to the G15 but without the screen. Trouble is I don't think they make them anymore.

I finally got meself a telly today. it's This One and I took out the five year service plan. It's a 1080p and has 100hz scanning and to my eyes looks good.

I've connected my media computer to it using a DVI to HDMI lead and it's really quite odd to see my computer on a 37" screen.

I do have one problem though, the only audio ouputs on the TV are either via Scart or a single digital socket. I'm using the TV with an ordinary two channel hi-fi setup. I connected my hi-fi to one of the scart sockets but only the analogue TV stations put sound out via Scart which meant I had to use the TV 's own speakers, which aren't as good as the sound from my hi-fi, obviously.

One way round this is for me to use the Computer TV tuner and then the sound from the computer outputs to the hi-fi.

However, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a digital to analogue converter which will take the TV's digital output and then offer analogue sound via two phono/RCA sockets, something I'll have to check out.

I've played a couple of DVD's from the computer to the TV and they look ok to me but will shortly be getting an Xbox 360 Elite (the middle one) and will use that as a DVD player. Suppose I'll have to get a remote control for the Xbox for DVD playback control.

I have finished the big job I had on apart from I have to reprogram the first amp I put in there 3.5 years ago to suit the new configuration and as that wasn't in my remit for work quoted, I have to negotiate a price with the customer on Monday. I won't charge them much, 2 or 3 hours I expect and as far as I can see they have little choice but to use me but you never know.

I've had to wait til Monday cos bossman was on a week's holiday. If he went abroad there's a chance he won't be back on Monday, not if he's relying on a flight, anyway.

Still thinking about getting a Samsung Netbook with external optical drive (total price £290.00 at PC World) to program these amps but I honestly don't need one for anything else. My daughter wants me to get it though so she can use it, it would be a helluva lot faster than the ten year old fossil she's using at the moment. We shall see.

I'm sure the school would have a laptop they'd lend me, so I dunno.

The weather here's been great, albeit cold, and it's springtime.

Most of my mates, the majority of which are a similar age to me, think I'm mad for liking the rides at Thorpe Park, the wusses. I lurve that place and I really must get round to visiting Alton Towers one day.

I never did hear from the hospital about the acupuncture I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm very disappointed about that, it sortta got my hopes up. I'm due to see the consultant again near the end of May so I'll mention it to him then.

Getting back to the Xbox the GAME store advertise a bundle online with Forza 3 Racing and Sega Sonic Racing but they wouldn't do it in the shop so I didn't buy one. Why won't they do that, the fools? They're missing out on sales. Currys were offering some good bundles for the Elite so I might just head down there in a little while and see what they got.

And GAME also have used Xbox steering wheels for fifty quid - they any good? They're £70 new.

And that's what's been going down with me, cya :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I was wondering if there is such a thing as a digital to analogue converter...

Flopps, would it be something like this gizmo in ukhdmi.com
or this one in Futureshop?

Your new TV sounds really nice, we're currently looking for a smaller one to replace an oldie... so many choices!!
:D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I connected my hi-fi to one of the scart sockets but only the analogue TV stations put sound out via Scart which meant I had to use the TV 's own speakers, which aren't as good as the sound from my hi-fi, obviously.
Did you try the other one? I googled for the manual, and...

"Output video/audio:
AV1: Analogue only
AV2: Analogue, DTV, AV 1/2/3 output is available"

(Whatever that might mean in practise...
laughingsmiley.gif
)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taffycat said:

Flopps, would it be something like this gizmo in ukhdmi.com
or this one in Futureshop?

Your new TV sounds really nice, we're currently looking for a smaller one to replace an oldie... so many choices!!
:D

After I posted I searched and I've ordered one from Amazon - exactly the one you linked to, plus an optical lead, thanks for looking for me :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Urmas said:
Did you try the other one? I googled for the manual, and...

"Output video/audio:
AV1: Analogue only
AV2: Analogue, DTV, AV 1/2/3 output is available"

(Whatever that might mean in practise...
laughingsmiley.gif
)

Oh bugger.

It does always pay to RTFM does it not? :D

Trouble is, the manual came on a CD so I've only looked at a few bits.

And I've ordered the A/D converter and lead now for £47.00 from Amazon.

I shall try scart socket 2 and assuming the sound from HDMI inputs comes out of the scart socket, I will try and cancel the order. I should be ok as the order was effectively placed on a Saturday and probably won't be processed until Monday, they haven't taken any cash yet.

Thanks for looking Urmas :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, using scart 2, all the digital channel sound works but hdmi doesn't :(

hdmi sound does come out of the tv's internal speakers.

So I'm going to let the order for the A/D converter and lead stand, and just hope the hdmi sound comes out of the opitcal audio output.

Watch this space :)

Bought an Xbox Elite today, called in at Gamestation in Eltham High Street and got the Elite package, Forza 3 Racing and Sonic Sega All Stars Racing for £200. Also got Gears Of War One for a fiver.

The first game I tried was Gears Of War One and I really am having a hard time using a console for First Person Shooters. In fact I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get the hang of this, after using a mouse & keyboard for fps's for so long on the PC, the gamepad seems antiquated, fiddly and awkward.

But I shall try, and we shall see.

However, Sonic Racing was really great, loved it. And so was Forza 3.

So that was a relief, racing games and I will asume rpg's are good on the Xbox, jury's out on fps's unless I get used to this gamepad malarkey.

The wireless black gamepad supplied with the Xbox Elite doesn't actually work, all 4 green led segments on the on/off button are constantly illuminated and rotating in a circle.

So I used my PC wired controller and that's working fine. So I shall take the controller back for an exchange shortly. I do hope it is the controller that's faulty and not the console or the console wireless receiver circuitry but as the wired controller works perfectly I think it is the wireless controller.

I'm either going to have to make up or buy a 5M Ethernet cable to get online with the Xbox, will do that tomorrow.

Watched James Bond Die Another Day on the telly tonight, that is a good film, hadn't seen it before and it sounds great through me valve amp.

Ho hum, it's 1.45am, I best get to bed I suppose.

Ya know, this has been overkill, too many toys in one hit, but I guess the goodness will be released over a longer period of time.

Lol, wtf am I on about?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
So I'm going to let the order for the A/D converter and lead stand, and just hope the hdmi sound comes out of the opitcal audio output.

Watch this space :).
Watching. Still watching. This is a zen thing, right?
laughingsmiley.gif
Anyway: you're not alone – read THIS.

Lol, wtf am I on about?
Ooh... the esteemed blogger hits HIMSELF with die Gretchenfrage¹:
GRETCHEN: ... Do you believe in God?
FAUST: My darling, who can (really) say:
I believe in God!
You may ask priests or wise men,
And their answer seems but a mockery
Of the questioner to be.
GRETCHEN: So you do not believe?
FAUST: Don't misunderstand me, you lovely sight!
Who may name Him,
And who declare:
I believe in Him.
Who can feel
And dare
To say: I do not believe in Him!
The all-embracing one,
The all-preserving one,
Does He not embrace and preserve
You, me, (and) Himself?
Does the sky not arch above us up there?
Does the earth not lie firm down here?
And do not with kind glance
The eternal stars rise?
Do I not look at you eye to eye,
And does not everything press
Upon your head and heart
And weave in eternal mystery
Invisible and visible around you?
Fill your heart, as big as it is, from that
And when you are completely blissful in the feeling,
Then call it what you like:
Call it happiness! Heart! Love! God!
I have no name
For it! Feeling is everything;
(The) name is sound and smoke,
Enshrouding heaven's glow.
GRETCHEN: That is all quite fine and good;
Much the same thing says the pastor, too
Only with slightly different words.
FAUST: It is said everywhere (by)
All hearts under the heavenly day,
Each in its own language:
Why not I in mine?

[font=verdana, geneva, arial] - From Faust I, lines 3426-3465 [/font]

¹ The German language has itself been influenced by Goethe's Faust, particularly by the first part. One example of this is the phrase "des Pudels Kern", which means the real nature or deeper meaning of something (that was not evident before). The literal translation of "des Pudels Kern" is "the core of the poodle", and it originates from Faust's exclamation upon seeing the poodle (which followed him home) turn into Mephistopheles. Another instance originates in the scene wherein Gretchen asks Faust if he is religious. In German, the word "Gretchenfrage" (literally "Gretchen question") refers to a question aiming at the core of the issue, often forcing the answering person to make a confession or a difficult decision.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Bought an Xbox Elite today, called in at Gamestation in Eltham High Street and got the Elite package, Forza 3 Racing and Sonic Sega All Stars Racing for £200. Also got Gears Of War One for a fiver.

The first game I tried was Gears Of War One and I really am having a hard time using a console for First Person Shooters. In fact I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to get the hang of this, after using a mouse & keyboard for fps's for so long on the PC, the gamepad seems antiquated, fiddly and awkward.

Great news dude....you'll soon get the hang of the controller....hope this bloody volcano isnt affecting the post.;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Update on the digital to analogue converter I ordered from Amazon. A third party named HD Central were supplying the goods on Amazon's behalf.

I chose free postage and delivery time was given as between the 22nd and 26th April. the order was placed on 16th April and the cash taken from my bank account on 19th April.

The goods have not arrived within the allotted time, I don't have what I ordered ten days ago.

The Optical cable I ordered at the same time from Amazon, again through a third party supplier, arrived the next day, on 17th April.

As far as I can recall this is the first time Amazon have let me down. and I feel a bit peeved about it. I have sent HD Central an e-mail "Order placed 16th April. Money taken from my account 19th April. It is now 19:30 on the 26th April, past the delivery time expiry date, and I have not received my goods. Kindly contact me and explain." there's little else I can do now except wait for a reply.

On Friday I done a St Georges day Disco at a pub I work at regularly in Peckham. The brief was to play English music the same as I had played Irish music on St Paddys day. Well I racked me brains and I figured the only English music I could come up with was some classical stuff, World War 2 songs and Chas n Dave, which wasn't enough to fill 4 hours really.

Some people think that a nation's music is played by artists from that country but it doesn't work like that. U2 do not play Paddy music, for instance, but The Pogues, who are English, do play Paddy music.

So as I couldn't come up with much I decided to play music from artists who were instantly recognisable as English which largely involved mostly sixties stuff. The evening evolved into mostly sixties music from English and non-English artists and a good time was had by all, the young 'uns loved it as much as the oldies and I got a whole heap of praise at the end.

I started at 4.30, went to finish at 9pm but they offered me another 50 quid to carry on til 10 so I did, sometimes I'm just a money whore :D It was quite odd playing Land Of Hope and Glory in an Irish pub though, have to admit. I took my version of Elgar's patriotic piece from the Clockwork Orange soundtrack, incidentally.

I have been watching some DVD's on me new telly and playing the X-Box. So far I have 12 games and I still haven't adjusted to using a gamepad for fps's, it still feels weird and I'm having a bit of a hard time of it, especially in GOW1 & GOW2.

I've bought a couple of turkeys, Blue Dragon and a modern version of Sega The Hedgehog but fortunately I could take them back to a GAME store and p-ex them.

These are the games I have:

Gears Of War 1
Gears Of War 2 (fank u Capt Zed)
Timeshift (fank u Capt Zed)
Halo 3 (fank u Capt Zed)
Call Of Duty 3
Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Sonic, Streets Of Rage etc)
Fable II
Forza Motorsport 3
Racedriver: GRID
Flat Out Ultimate Carnage (Racing)
FUEL
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing with Banjo Kazooie

Of those I'm enjoying Fable II (an rpg that's a bit like Oblivion but not as good) and Sonic & Sega All Stars racing. FUEL is very good as well and GRID handles a lot better on the X-Box than it did on any of my PC's, which was something of a revelation.

I was thinking of getting Final Fantasy VIII but not sure, if anybody here has played it, please comment on it.

And if anybody can recommend any good rpg's for the Xbox that would be good. I'm not going to get Fallout 3 or Oblivion though, seems pointless when I have the PC versions of both. And also I've completed both.

My Mum turned 80 on April 17th and so I visited and bought her one of those Myth and Magic Dragon ornaments, she likes those.

My eldest daughter Faye, has just bought an I-Phone and you'd think it was the most absolutely fabulous thing in the world, the way she's going on about it. Seems like a mini netbook to me, she's joined my home network on the wi-fi, it plays m4a music files like an I-Pod and a million other things. 45 quid a month for over a thousand minutes and unlimited texts plus a Gig of bandwith from Vodafone.

She's happy with it.

I have a two or three year old Samsung mobile which costs me 15 quid a month for 500 Minutes and 3000 texts, simcard only deal. I can make phone calls with it. Hee hee :D

Au revoir for now mes enfants terrible ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Amazon order I placed for the A/D Converter.

I have spoken to the supplier and spoken to Amazon.

The supplier e-mailed me with a tracking number for Royal Mail but when I enter the tracking number on Royal Mail website I get a popup saying something like 'This tracking information can only be supplied for sign-for parcels after the goods have been delivered'. WTF? What use is that?

The supplier, HD Central told me they hadn't recieved my e-mail as 'Their system was system was down'. Yeah, right - you think I'm stupid? They also told me it was up to me to contact Royal Mail and arrange delivery and find out what was happening to my parcel.

You what? I told them the onus was on them to supply goods by the time promised and I didn't see why I should phone Royal Mail.

Amazon told me that if the supplier hadn't sorted the problem out within 3 days that I should file a claim against the supplier and that Amazon would help me with this.

I phoned the supplier and told them this and they apologised for the non-delivery but again suggested I should phone Royal Mail.

So I did. An 08 number that took me a good five minutes to reach a human being. These calls cost money and frustrate me immensely.

I learnt that the parcel had been collected from the supplier on the 19th but that Royal Mail would not investigate until May 8th - their time limit for the class of postage chosen by the supplier for delivery. The supplier, HD Central, promised me delivery by the 26th so something didn't add up here.

I phoned HD Central again and explained the situation and the guy - Kumar his name is - told me his boss would phone me back. He hasn't.

So, unless I hear from them by Saturday morning I file a claim on Amazon against them for my money back.

Trouble is, until this is sorted one way or another, I'm reluctant to order an A/D converter from an alternative supplier in case the supplier ships one out.

Extremely frustrating.

The blame, mostly, is clearly with Royal Mail who, in my opinion, are ******* useless.

Just two days ago I had a card left in my mailbox saying Royal Mail had tried to deliver a parcel for my daughter but they had no reply. That was absolute crap as I'd been in all day up to the time I received the card.

I think the lazy postmen just go out on their round with a whole bunch of calling cards and no parcels, the lazy bastids.

I really think their isn't one reliable or trustworthy delivery method in the whole of the UK.

Which makes me favour, wherever possible, purchasing from the High Street, online buying causes undue stress.

On a more positive note I have an appointment booked mid May to discuss the acupuncture treatment for my dry mouth, that cheered me a great deal :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the run-around you're getting from the Amazon Market Place seller and Royal Mail. :( I had the same daft message when I tried to track a parcel recently. But on a subsequent occasion, all the details came up, telling me that the parcel was "out for delivery" etc.

At the risk of telling you something you already know... if you need to raise an issue with your seller, it's worth contacting them via e-mail through the Amazon website, because Amazon keep copies of all messages:

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.co.uk. This includes your response to the message below.
(Quoting from a recent e-mail response from them, to me.)

Contacting them this way, seems to illicit quite a fast seller-response. A short e-mail resulted in a same-day phone call from a company we recently made a purchase from.

Contacting a Seller after Ordering

To contact your seller just click the 'Your Account' link at the top of our site, and click the "Your Orders" button. On the next page, you will find a "Contact Seller" button next to the relevant order.

You can also click the "Problem with this order?" button in your order summary and you will be given the option to contact your seller. Fill out the contact form and it will be routed to the seller via the Amazon Communications Manager and they will respond to you via e-mail.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149541

Once again, apologies if you already knew all that stuff :blush:

Great news that you've been given an appointment for acupuncture! Wishing you well with that, hope it proves to be very helpful :thumb: :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Enjoying reading the blog Mr Flopp's..
nod.gif

Amazon marketplace sellers are completely and utterly useless in my opinion, I have had some bad run-ins with these sellers on Amazon, and they are akin to con-artists in my book..
Stick to Amazon only purchases Flopp's from now on and you won't go far wrong, I know Amazon say they have all the guarantees that buying from Amazon itself have, but in reality this in not the case.

The Tv you linked to looks very nice and the Richer sounds 5 year guarantee is a fantastic bonus for an extra 50 notes!

I have the iPod Touch 32gb which is the same as the iphone only without the phone bit and a faster processor for gaming, it is a fantastic piece of kit and literally like having a mini media pc in ya pocket, but the battery life does leave a lot to be desired..If they sort that out and or put a battery in which the user can replace, then it would be worth all of its £230

Aaahhh so you have an XBox 360 now, my experience with gamepads is the same as yours and I gave up playing FPS's on the XBox apart from Halo of course which manages to somehow get round the problem and is easier to use with a gamepad than without, don't ask me how they done that!! :D

Volcano!! What volcano..
laughingsmiley.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Red Faction Guerilla, the game, is a pile of crap, lol, it was a freebie with Metro 2033.
:)

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that about the game!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
El Taffo:

The one e-mail I've sent was via Amazon and I've just fired this one off, also via Amazon. although I had to send it in three goes cos Amazon have a text limit. But it will be on record:

20:00 hours Monday 26th April 2010:

E-mailed HD Central to let them know my order had not arrived within their quoted delivery time.

Late afternoon, Tuesday 27th April:

Phoned HD Central, explained problem and asked why they did not respond to my e-mail. They told me ‘Their system was down on that day’. HD Central told me they had posted the goods on the 19th April and had e-mailed me giving a tracking number. They had, but when I entered the tracking number at the Royal Mail site a pop up message said words to the effect of ‘Signed for packages only display tracking information after the parcel has been delivered’ which I thought wasn’t particularly helpful.

HD Central suggested I phone Royal Mail to see where my package was and I replied I was reluctant to do this as I considered the onus was on HD Central to deliver the goods I had ordered and paid for and part of that service would be enquiring what had happened to the parcel they had posted to me.

I then phoned Amazon and explained the problem. Amazon advised me to give it three days and if HD Central had not resolved the problem then I should file a claim via the Amazon website against HD Central.

Early afternoon, Wednesday 28th April:

I phoned HD Central again and let them know how Amazon had advised me. They again suggested I phone Royal Mail so reluctantly I did. After a full five minutes on an 08 telephone number (chargeable) I finally got past an automated system and spoke to a human being at Royal Mail.

Royal Mail informed me that as far as they were concerned the parcel’s whereabouts would not be investigated until May 8th as the postage class the supplier had chosen had that time limit on it for delivery. I let Royal Mail know the supplier had promised delivery by 26th April and they didn’t seem bothered and quoted May 8th again. Royal Mail also confirmed they had collected the parcel on April 19th.

Phoned HD Central again, spoke to guy named Zumar and relayed information I had gleaned from Royal Mail, including the fact Royal Mail had collected the goods on April 19th. Zumar promised me ‘His boss’ would phone me back shortly.

22:00 hours, Thursday 29th April:

Nobody from HD Central has phoned me back, as promised.

Amazon’s 3 day deadline expires tomorrow and if I haven’t been given a satisfactory solution from HD Central I shall file a claim against them via Amazon.

I ordered these goods 13 days ago and the money was taken from my bank account 11 days ago.

This whole situation is very frustrating as I urgently need the goods ordered and I could have ordered them from an alternative supplier.

This whole experience has made me decide never to buy goods from an Amazon third party supplier.

The only actions that would resolve this issue were if HD Central were to refund my cash via BACS or promise to send the goods out first class next day recorded delivery on Friday 30th April.

But they probably won’t which means I have to go through the painful process of filing a claim against them.

And although I consider that as the supplier the responsibility for getting my ordered goods to me is with HD Central, the real villain of the piece is Royal Mail who in my experience have proved themselves to be less than useless time and time again.

Having said that, hearing excuses like ‘the system was down’ and no return phone calls when promised, make me seriously doubt HD Central’s integrity.

Regards

So we shall see what happens.

As for the A/D converter I'm going to try and find a High Street shop that's selling them, there must be one in London somewhere.

My acupuncture appointmnent is 1.30pm 19th May at a place next door to Guys Hospital and providing I state loudly I'm not scared of acupuncture needles and sign several disclaimers I will receive my first treatment there and then.

Crazylegs (St Vitus Dance?):D

Aye Red Faction Guerilla deffo a pile of poo but Metro 2033 is fair, nowt special but enjoyable nonetheless.

It's true about Halo 3 on Xbox, it's fairly easy to play compared to GOW 1 & 2. CoD3 ain't too bad either.

I got hold of Final Fantasy VIII for 25 quid used and it looks fabulous. However, doesn't seem to be an awful lot of skill involved, in every combat scene so far I just jerk away randomly at the gamepad and I always seem to win :confused: There's no choice of difficulty level either.

Good fun when I'm drunk I suppose.

At the other end of the scale, I also got SAW 2nd hand for the Xbox. I've become something of a SAW fan since going on the Thorpe Park ride 3 times in 1 visit and seeing the first film on DVD from the local library so I thought the game would be good.

But. Right from the start, this game is hard. Very hard. Full of atmosphere though. We shall see how I get on. Will also have to rent all the other SAW films, though I hear none are as good as the first one.

Picked up the Harry Potter paperback books numbers 2 - 5 inclusive today very cheap from a stall in Greenwich market but still can't start reading them as I need the first one, The Philosopher's Stone. I shall excercise patience as I have gained all these 4 titles nice and cheap so don't want to pay full price for the next ones ;)

I think the new Apple Phone does have a removable battery, they changed it mostly in response to Google's phone, a strong rival to the I-Phone, V_R has the Google phone. I shall have to check out eldest daughter's new toy and see whether it has replaceable battery.

My intention this evening was to sit down and play some SAW and other stuff on Xbox but had to write e-mail detailed above plus also had to configure Bosch Plena Controller Amplifier settings on me mate's laptop prior to changing program at a school site tomorrow, which is a complete pain in the bum as this software is truly the pits.

So I'm sitting here typing this and listening to some Hank Williams on vinyl with the patio doors wide open and looking at the night sky in between typing, all the while supping on a Guinness.

Nice.

Pip pip!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sounds very nice Mr Flopp's but wheres my Guinness..:D

And Crazylegs cos I can never keep my legs still even when sitting down!!
nod.gif

And by the way did they find the missing plaque ?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
El Taffo says nice one Hombre!! :D You have outlined your problem eloquently, so here's hoping it will produce a speedy result. Always a bummer when you have to spend time writing/phoning just to get your stuff though.

Up to now, we've been pretty lucky with Amazon's Market-Place sellers, who have generally despatched orders quite speedily. Currently though, we're having a long wait for a replacement, circular, table-top... the first was delivered quickly, but badly damaged. The reason was pretty obvious... the packaging was about as tough as a soggy cornflake! So no protection when it was being handled, by those big-wuff-boys in the delivery system!! They can have a few more days, but I shouldn't have thought it would be rocket-science to understand that breakable stuff might need reinforced packaging. :rolleyes: Crikey, we've received books in tougher packs!

Ooh, speaking of which, I didn't know you were a Harry Potter fan Flopps. The books are a good read, although their ever-increasing thickness became a bit problematical for moi. Whenever I tried to read them in bed, at some point I'd fall asleep, only to be rudely awakened when something which felt like a brick, hit me on the nose! I'd quite like to get the audio set.... but they cost an arm and a leg, so not top of my priority list;)

Not sure if it would be your kind of thing, but there's a book-swapping website called "Readitswapit" where you could get the book for free, if you happen to have any books you'd like to swap. They have 62 copies available atm.

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Comrade Taffski said:
...speaking of which, I didn't know you were a Harry Potter fan Flopps...

I'm not, really. I haven't read any Harry Potter at all but I remember somebody on this Forum - I think it was Ian - saying they'd read them and enjoyed them so I thought I'd give 'em a go.

I found The Prisoner Of Azkaban in a charity shop about three years ago and have been half-heartedly looking for the rest ever since. And I still don't have book one, lol

I do hope I'll like them as I will probably have the whole set of seven by the time I start reading.

My favourite book categories are Science Fiction and Myth & Magic so I expect the Harry Potter books will appeal to me and I also liked the films, though I haven't seen the last one yet.

I joined that swap site, good idea, I had a pile of books I'd read and didn't want to keep ready to take down the local charity shop but now I've listed them for swaps. I've made three swap requests including The Philosophers Stone, so we shall see what occurs.

Thanks for the link :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nope, that Squeeze plaque still isn't there, lol

I've been playing SAW on the Xbox and it's great, really enjoying it :thumb:

Also tried playing Ecco The Dolphin from the Sega Mega-Pack and it's still as annoyingly hard and frustrating as it was back in the early nineties.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Nope, that Squeeze plaque still isn't there, lol

I've been playing SAW on the Xbox and it's great, really enjoying it :thumb:

Also tried playing Ecco The Dolphin from the Sega Mega-Pack and it's still as annoyingly hard and frustrating as it was back in the early nineties.

Wonder where the hell that went then..Please let us know if it reappears Flopp's, I love a good mystery me!

Oh and Ecco the dolphin..That game drove me round the bend I never knew a game could be so annoyingly frustrating yet always kept me coming back for more..

Anyone here remember the Philips CDi Gaming system, bet theres no one that does?

Ask a Question