    direction, that would be great and very appreciated.
    Thanks you
    Alan

    BigAl, Mar 28, 2004

  2. "BigAl" <> wrote in message
    news:NcB9c.7198$...
    > Hello,
    > I am using MS Windows 2000 Server, service pack 4
    > server is not a domain controller. it is running DHCP
    > I am using a soho firewall and all of the XP machines behind it are

    dynamic
    > IP's.
    > I was recently forced to change my IP and in doing so, can no longer

    access
    > machines on the network via remote desktop- very iportant to our business.
    > tried everything, no service packs updated on the machines during this

    time
    > and simply cannot get connected to any of the machines, no matter what.
    > A solution would be great,but if anyone can atr least point me int he
    > direction, that would be great and very appreciated.
    > Thanks you
    > Alan

    - Can you ping the remote machine?
    - Have you opened port 3389 on the firewall? Directed it to the remote
    machine?

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Mar 28, 2004

  3. Changed your IP where?? If it was changed at the end where the target network is then
    you have to update the dns record with the new public IP address if you are trying to
    connect by name or else try entering the new IP address in your Remote Access client.
    If the public IP address was changed on the end where you are using the Remote Access
    client, then your soho firewall on the other end may need to be updated as to what IP
    address it accepts port 3389 traffic from. --- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Mar 28, 2004