Firefox problems

Reaction score
A few years ago my favourite Browser was Firefox - until I ran into problems where it wouldn't respond/ took ages to load websites and kept freezing making it almost impossible to use. etc.
So I ditched it completely and since then I've used Opera.
Looking recently at what was the most secure browser, Firefox was at the top of the list (saw many bad things about Chrome!!).
So I decided to go back and give it another try.
Downloaded OK in my old windows 7 pc, seemed to be working well and then the following day - wouldn't load - same as before!!
Tried opening in Firefox safe mode etc and it worked, but in normal mode got the same problem.
Is it the Win7 software on my old pc and if so will it work on my new Win10 pc?
Loathe to download it onto my new machine in case it causes problems.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have many plugins installed in Firefox? I wonder if it's a plugin or extension causing the slowness issue. Especially if it works in safe mode.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Welcome to the winning team, Firefox. I've never had this problem with it, so I couldn't offer much advice, perhaps your question would be better answered on the Firefox forums. If you navigate to "about:support" you will see the option to Refresh Firefox. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Reaction score
Biscuitman , you are NOT alone. I too have Windows 7 on my home computer and after one of its updates a year or so ago, my Firefox took forever to come up and was extremely slow. I even deleted it and re-installed it. I even installed the developer's version of Firefox but it did not improve web surfing. i had to install Chrome as mush as i did not want to do this. I have complained to Firefox but apparently the problem continues in 2019. I even asked Firefox if i could download an older version and they said no because of the security patches it has made. i do use duckduckgo.com for ALL web searches. It does not track where you browse like all other search engines. If you ever fix your Firefox problem, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question