Firefox Memory Leak

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm getting fed up with this ... :mad:

I don't have a lot of alternatives as a Linux user, but I'm surly tempted to change.

But to what? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Windows XP :p Did I say that out loud?

You could use Opera for Linux, or even Konqueror (I quite liked it actually). How bad is the Firefox memory leak? No doubt someone will plug it soon, as things move so fast with open source - do any of the beta builds sort it?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Sorry Ian ... "plug it soon" ... it is having its 21st birthday party soon ... remember Netscape. ;)

This has been a 'bug' that has been left to fester and I ain't the only one not happy. It seems to affect Windows users more.

It actually isn't too bad, gets up to about 300mb and just closes, which I suppose is just as annoying as crashing. LoL

Keep forgetting about Opera, may give it a trial ... but Konker is annoying, fast, but I don't like it. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Must be one hard bug to squish! I liked Konq when I used it, although it is a bit generic - so I know what you mean ;)

Opera is ad-free now I think, and not bad - worth a shot if Firefox is playing up. Does it build up over a matter of hours?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Must be one hard bug to squish! I liked Konq when I used it, although it is a bit generic - so I know what you mean ;)

Opera is ad-free now I think, and not bad - worth a shot if Firefox is playing up. Does it build up over a matter of hours?
About 3 times a day depending on how many tabs I open and close.

Just downloaded Opera, so we'll have a lookie at that ... nice choice of Distros to choose from for 'easy' install. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
oh, what's this

Hmmm, not bad ... font are ok to read, but the dropdown fonts list are all the same ????

Clickable Smilies don't work ... lets try :D

Spell check don't work ... click the button, nuffin happens

Naw, bugger this ... you will have to make the site Opera friendly. hahaha

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
For you Mucks, I'll try ;) No promises though :D

It sounds like a Javascript problem - is it enabled?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
For you Mucks, I'll try ;) No promises though :D

It sounds like a Javascript problem - is it enabled?
Oh no, don't ... I binned it already. :blush:

This old git don't like change, and that was too much like hard work ... I was looking for "open in new tab" I was getting annoyed ... it calls them windows ... I don't do Windows. hahahahahahaha :D

Naw, I'll stick with FF ... it works, it's not hard to figure out (nice & simple for this mind of mine) and one day they will 'fix' it. :thumb:

Mind you, what is it like rendering the site on Windows?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
after hearing about this a while back i tend to keep an eye on the amount of free RAM i have, the most its ever used was over 700,000K :eek: when i was downloading a program demo, i was kinda worried whether i could finish the download before it crashed and have to start again as my ISP (tiscali) weren't to impressed when i accidently downloaded the mac version of photoshop then started to download the windows version

since the last update thugh it seems to stay between 30000 an 100000

Ask a Question