Firefox 4.0

Heather

I DETEST IT!!

Just wanted to rant cuz I gave up fighting with it and uninstalled it and
went back to 3.6.16.

They brought it out way too soon.........hardly any of my themes would
work with it and my big peeve......(there were a few) .... is that you
have to back up one page at a time......NO option to click to the side of
the button and back up 6 pages or whatever. And the refresh button is
tiny....and so on.

Maybe I might put it on here in 6 months, but sure don't like
it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good.......now I feel better. (G)

Figgs

Nil

Just wanted to rant cuz I gave up fighting with it and uninstalled
it and went back to 3.6.16.

I like it. It's faster and smoother in operation.
They brought it out way too soon.........hardly any of my themes
would work with it and my big peeve......(there were a few) ....
is that you have to back up one page at a time......NO option to
click to the side of the button and back up 6 pages or whatever.

Right-click on the button. The history is still there.

The only think I didn't like about it was having the tabs above the
address bar. Then I found there's an option to put them below, and
after that I find nothing to complain about.

mm

I like it. It's faster and smoother in operation.

Good to know.
Right-click on the button. The history is still there.

Good to know!

Is there a key that will display page history?

Sometimes my computer slows down and nothing slows down more than the
page history in FF3. It seems to never show up, but if there were a
key to make it display, I'd feel more confident it was coming.

I know keys to go back and forward**, and keys to change tabs back and
forward***, but not to display the page list of a tab.

**Alt/left or right arrow,

***Alt-shift-tab and alt-tab. Thse work better than clicking on the
next tab over. I can click and click and click and nothing happens,
but then I got to alt-shift-tab and it changes tabs immediately.
What's going on?

This is in FF3, most recent.

Nil

Is there a key that will display page history?

I don't know. You can ask on the Mozilla Firefox group. If something
like that is available someone there will know. If it's not built in
there might be an extension that provides it.

Heather

Nil said:
Quite similar.

Thank you......very similar. My needs are small. But I do like a
certain "font" theme for the display of the buttons and there is only the
default. I don't like the tabs being up so high. I didn't know a right
click would bring up a list of pages that I could back up to......if that
is true.

And before anyone asks, I was on the Forum for quite a while trying to
find answers. I got fed up and that is when I said to Hell with it and
uninstalled it.......downloaded my previous one and now I have my 2
preferred themes back and the 2 extensions that were disabled. I don't
think expecting 4 things to still be there is asking too much. I still
had AdBlock and a few others.

One advantage with Windows 7 on my laptop was that it warned me from the
"gitgo" just what extensions would be disabled, so I didn't download it
on that computer. I will wait.

Figgs

Nil

Thank you......very similar. My needs are small. But I do like a
certain "font" theme for the display of the buttons and there is
only the default. I don't like the tabs being up so high. I
didn't know a right click would bring up a list of pages that I
could back up to......if that is true.

Of course it's true. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't.

The themes are written by other folk, not Mozilla. If you depend on
the them, you can check with the author to see they plan to update
it.
I don't think expecting 4 things to still be there is asking too
much.

I do think it's asking too much. The technology changes, and some
thing inevitably get left behind. Little, if any, software is 100%
backward compatible. In this case the browser has been
made better, and if some extensions get abandoned by their authors,
there may be new ones that have similar capability. That happened to
me in the case of Firefox 4. I had to search a bit, but I have lost no
functionality with this version.

But if the old one is good enough for you, there's no reason not to
stick with it. Mozilla still supports it.
One advantage with Windows 7 on my laptop was that it warned me
from the "gitgo" just what extensions would be disabled, so I
didn't download it on that computer. I will wait.

I don't think it was Windows 7 that warned you, it was Mozilla.

Heather

Nil said:
Of course it's true. I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't.

Didn't mean it wasn't.......but I wasn't sure if "history" and a number
of previous pages were the same thing I was thinking of.
I don't think it was Windows 7 that warned you, it was Mozilla.

Whatever........it warned me on Windows 7 but not on XP. A bit odd.

Figgs

Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

I DETEST IT!!
Just wanted to rant cuz I gave up fighting with it and uninstalled it and
went back to 3.6.16.

They brought it out way too soon.........hardly any of my themes would
work with it and my big peeve......(there were a few) .... is that you
have to back up one page at a time......NO option to click to the side of
the button and back up 6 pages or whatever. And the refresh button is
tiny....and so on.

Maybe I might put it on here in 6 months, but sure don't like
it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good.......now I feel better. (G)

Figgs

Has a few outstanding issues but some of them were resolved in 4.0.1
which comes out tomorrow. If things have not caught up, it's not
Mozilla's fault.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Joan Archer

Think I'll stick with IE9 Heather, it does exactly what I want it to <g>

Joan Archer
http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

"Heather" wrote in message
I DETEST IT!!

Just wanted to rant cuz I gave up fighting with it and uninstalled it and
went back to 3.6.16.

They brought it out way too soon.........hardly any of my themes would
work with it and my big peeve......(there were a few) .... is that you
have to back up one page at a time......NO option to click to the side of
the button and back up 6 pages or whatever. And the refresh button is
tiny....and so on.

Maybe I might put it on here in 6 months, but sure don't like
it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good.......now I feel better. (G)

Figgs

Bob CP

Think I'll stick with IE9 Heather, it does exactly what I want it to <g>

Joan Archer
http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

in message I DETEST IT!!

Just wanted to rant cuz I gave up fighting with it and uninstalled it
and went back to 3.6.16.

They brought it out way too soon.........hardly any of my themes would
work with it and my big peeve......(there were a few) .... is that you
have to back up one page at a time......NO option to click to the side
of the button and back up 6 pages or whatever. And the refresh button is
tiny....and so on.

???
Right clicking on the Back (or forward) button gives you a long history
list.
My (text only) buttons are all the same size as before. There's also
two sizes of icons available. Maybe one of your themes has changed the
default.

Etal

Jan said:
On one computer I have only a button for a new tab, and on the
other, I have a tab with a +, which I prefer. How can I
duplicate the favored tab?

Enter "about:config" in the address-bar.
Filter for "browser.tabs.closeButtons"
Change it from Integer value 2 to 1.
(.. or right-click create and a new one with that name if it
doesn't exist)
( OTOH, i prefer value = 3 myself. Something to try out. )

(And i suggest you also subscribe to mozilla.support.firefox on
news.mozilla.org:119 )

Dominique

I like it. It's faster and smoother in operation.

Right-click on the button. The history is still there.

The only think I didn't like about it was having the tabs above the
address bar. Then I found there's an option to put them below, and
after that I find nothing to complain about.

One thing I don't like, I have two Hotmail accounts and FF4 only retains
the last account I've used. If I want to use my other account, the drop
down list for my addresses is empty, in FF3.6.3, both my addresses show up
in the list.

And since I installed FF4, even IE8 doesn't shows my addresses anymore when
I want to switch account.

boatman312

Nil<[email protected]>

One thing I don't like, I have two Hotmail accounts and FF4 only retains
the last account I've used. If I want to use my other account, the drop
down list for my addresses is empty, in FF3.6.3, both my addresses show up
in the list.

And since I installed FF4, even IE8 doesn't shows my addresses anymore when
I want to switch account.

This is probably a Hotmail problem, not Firefox...

Roy

Nil <[email protected]> écrivait 130.133.4.11:

One thing I don't like, I have two Hotmail accounts and FF4 only retains
the last account I've used. If I want to use my other account, the drop
down list for my addresses is empty, in FF3.6.3, both my addresses show up
in the list.

And since I installed FF4, even IE8 doesn't shows my addresses anymore when
I want to switch account.

Don't blame FF4 for your inability to use it properly. There are all
kinds of hints in the "help" column as well as lots of options in how
you want it to perform. Read about Bookmarks before you squawk.

I have no problem with multi-lists of mail accounts...Live Mail or
Google or whatever.
==

Dominique

news:Xns9ED2BC21668D7nilc show u
p wh

Don't blame FF4 for your inability to use it properly. There are all
kinds of hints in the "help" column as well as lots of options in how
you want it to perform. Read about Bookmarks before you squawk.

I have no problem with multi-lists of mail accounts...Live Mail or
Google or whatever.
=

What an attitude, you are a great person, very helpful!

Dominique

boatman312 said:
This is probably a Hotmail problem, not Firefox...

I rolled back to 3.6 and the Hotmail login page works again as it should,
that tells me it is a Firefox 4 problem.

Jack Toff

I rolled back to 3.6 and the Hotmail login page works again as it should,
that tells me it is a Firefox 4 problem.

Well, I am using FF 4 and have no problems with Hotmail or any other
site. So that tells me it is NOT a Firefox 4 problem. So, you're back to
square one. Why don't you do it right this time, and ask in the Firefox
forums.