Fill color name pop-up

g.a. chubach

My computer does not display color names when I hover my mouse over color
swatches in the Fill Color Chart. How do I turn this on? I am useing Excel
2003.

Gord Dibben

That would depend upon where you're accessing the color picker.

If from the Fill Color Icon on the Toolbar you should see the color names.

Also when formatting a Comment or Shape color you will see the names.

If from Format>Cells>Patterns you will not see the color names.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

g.a. chubach

I thank you very much...that explains why sometimes I see the color names and
sometimes I don't!
Really appreciate the help.

Jim Cone

The free Determine Colors Excel add-in displays the color of the cell interior,
pattern, font, border and sheet tab on the cell right-click popup menu; and
it includes conditionally formatted colors.
Download it from the bottom of the Products page at my website...
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA
(Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)

"g.a. chubach"
wrote in message
I thank you very much...that explains why sometimes I see the color names and
sometimes I don't!
Really appreciate the help.

g.a. chubach

Thank you so very much...extremely helpful!