Windows 7 Default page color for e-mail (Outlook)

Reaction score
I googled "set default color email" and found your site. I have Windows 7 and Outlook for email. I know how to change the stationery for email but not how to set it as my default stationery. Someone else asked the same question and Diane said to (a) save the message to "stationery" and then click on (b) "default." But precisely how do I do either?

While I'm at it, how do I set a default page color for Word 7? I can choose a color for the "message box" using "display" on the computer, but that has effects of many other displays (which turn the same color), so I left it white in order to see the font color. There must be a way to change only the page color and leave other things alone.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

You can change your default email stationery by going to 'File' > 'Options' > click on the 'Mail' tab > and then select 'Stationery and Fonts'. You'll get this option box, with which you can choose the settings you want:

email settings.jpg

Re Word, to change the page colour, go to the 'Design' tab and click on 'Page Colour', then choose the colour you want. To change the default settings, first set up the page how you want then click on the 'Design' tab at the top of the page. You should see a button to 'Set as Default'. This should save your formatting options so that when you create a new document it will have them set automatically.

word default formatting.jpg

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Ask a Question