file scrrun.dll is missing

Robert

After installing Norton Internet Security I started having
problems with IE6. While browsing I will get a white
dialoge box that says close. All I can do after that is
close it and try to reopen IE. I tried using the IE repair
tool but I got the message: File scrrun.dll is missing. It
told me to reinstall IE. I reinstalled IE over the top of
my existing IE but I still have the same problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem? It's aggravating
when I am browsing and all of the sudden I have to shut it
down.

Thanks,
Robert

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that the Internet Explorer displays error message stating that
scrrun.dll file is missing.

Please find the information on how to solve such error messages in the
following article.

Description of the Internet Explorer Repair Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q194177

Let us know the result of the resolution.

Thank you,

Rashmi