    Perflib_Perfdata_6d0 what is this and how do I get rid of it?
    Thanks,
    Marsha

    Marsha, Jan 6, 2009

  2. Marsha,
    A while back I got S7jfwbo7.exe on my machine.Malwarebytes would not take it
    off access denided. I searched and found it and renamed it .old and deleted
    it.

    Sammy Castagna

    Sammy Castagna, Jan 6, 2009

  3. Marsha

    R. McCarty Guest

    Windows XP provides for collection of performance data. Called
    Counters they cover most of the different aspects of XP performance.
    The Perlib_Perdata is the workspace or temp file that holds that data.
    The Performance monitor will show you what counters are enabled.
    Click Start, Run ( type ) Perfmon.Msc [Enter]

    More info in the following MS Knowledge Base Article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305610

    R. McCarty, Jan 6, 2009
  4. Marsha

    Gerry Guest

    Marsha

    Select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, Performance
    Logs and Alerts. Right click and select Properties change the StartUp
    type to Manual. You can also stop the service which will probable make
    it possible for you to delete the log.

    Select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Performance to see
    the tool creating the logs. You can set a maximum size for each log.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Jan 6, 2009
  5. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    Performance Logs and Alerts was already set to manual. I use Firefox as a
    browser and I think it has something to do with that. The file surfaced
    yesterday during the time I was doing windows updates. I never noticed it
    before and I delete the Temp folder often, however I can't get rid of this
    file. It won't let me delete it or change the name to delete it. It is not
    showing up in the tool creating the logs either, that I can tell. In
    Counter Logs there is one file
    Name: System Overview
    Comment: This sample log provides an overview of system performance
    Log Type: Binary
    Log File Name: C:\PerfLogs\System_Overview.blg

    In the Temp folder the name of the file I can't delete is
    Perflib_Perfdata_69c

    Thanks again for all of the help I am getting with this.
    Marsha

    Marsha, Jan 6, 2009
  6. Marsha

    Gerry Guest

    Marsha

    Those files are not what I thought they were.

    What are your anti-virus and anti-spyware arrangements? Further research
    suggests you may have a malware infestation.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Jan 7, 2009
  7. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    Trend Micro Spybot Search and Destroy both show nothing when scanned

    Marsha, Jan 7, 2009
  8. Marsha

    Gerry Guest

    Marsha