file folders not opening properly, need help very frustrated

for some reason unkown to me, my folders would open a search folder instead
of the folder i wanted to open. I kind of fixed it by putting an open command
in the file folder type in the file types tab of the folder options. but now
all folders open in a new window instead of the same window. on the browser
tab of the folder options, under browse folders, the open folders in same
window is selected. also now somehow the mydocuments folder opens a search
window when accesed from the start menu. I completely stuck as to how to
restore the original windows settings. I had sys' restore off cos it bugged
me.

Ayush

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

--
Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

: for some reason unkown to me, my folders would open a search folder
instead
: of the folder i wanted to open. I kind of fixed it by putting an open
command
: in the file folder type in the file types tab of the folder options. but
now
: all folders open in a new window instead of the same window. on the
browser
: tab of the folder options, under browse folders, the open folders in same
: window is selected. also now somehow the mydocuments folder opens a
search
: window when accesed from the start menu. I completely stuck as to how to
: restore the original windows settings. I had sys' restore off cos it
bugged
: me.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Adding to Ayush's advice, check out the following link, which has a fix to
the problem.

Open each folder in the same window:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/samewindow.htm

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com