    Fail to uninstall the device.
    The device may be required to boot up the computer.

    How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

    Guest, Sep 27, 2006

    John John Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146333/en-us

    John

    John John, Sep 27, 2006

    NoStop Guest

    Nils wrote:

    > Hi there !
    >
    > I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
    >
    > Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
    > device manager which cause problem to the system
    > ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
    > I can only disable them.
    > If I try to uninstall I get the message :
    >
    > Fail to uninstall the device.
    > The device may be required to boot up the computer.
    >
    > How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

    Remove the first card?

    --
    Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
    http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

    You just can't play games on Linux!
    http://tinyurl.com/kgszl

    NoStop, Sep 28, 2006

    "NoStop" wrote:

    > Nils wrote:
    >
    > > Hi there !
    > >
    > > I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
    > >
    > > Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
    > > device manager which cause problem to the system
    > > ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
    > > I can only disable them.
    > > If I try to uninstall I get the message :
    > >
    > > Fail to uninstall the device.
    > > The device may be required to boot up the computer.
    > >
    > > How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

    > Remove the first card?

    Same problem ( high Kernel load ), even all cards removed,
    one of them in or both in ...

    Nils

    Guest, Sep 28, 2006

    NoStop Guest

    Nils wrote:

    > "NoStop" wrote:
    >
    >> Nils wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi there !
    >> >
    >> > I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
    >> >
    >> > Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
    >> > device manager which cause problem to the system
    >> > ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
    >> > I can only disable them.
    >> > If I try to uninstall I get the message :
    >> >
    >> > Fail to uninstall the device.
    >> > The device may be required to boot up the computer.
    >> >
    >> > How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

    >> Remove the first card?

    > Same problem ( high Kernel load ), even all cards removed,
    > one of them in or both in ...
    >
    > Nils

    Then you must appreciate the bullshit error message Windoze is throwing up?
    If there is no NIC in the computer, how could removing a driver for a
    non-existent NIC prevent the computer from booting? I'd guess that Windoze
    has done what it's famous for doing - it's screwed up. Sorry, but I don't
    have an answer for this problem. Looks like plug 'n pray has fallen again.

    Good luck!

    Cheers.

    NoStop, Sep 29, 2006