export an access db to outlook contacts in 2003

Nancy in Louisville, KY

I am trying to take two fields from a current 2003 access db into a public
folder created for contacts in Outlook 2003. Help!!! I can get these into
my personal contact folder but not a defined public folder...how can I make
outlook see my folder and not default to my personal contact folder. Thanks!

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Importing only works with the personal folders, not public folders.

What you can do is to import to your personal contact folder, then select
the contacts (using the Ctrl key) and select from the Edit menu to Move to
Folder, and select your Public Folder.

Ensure you have rights to write to the public folder.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Nancy in Louisville, KY asked:

| I am trying to take two fields from a current 2003 access db into a
| public folder created for contacts in Outlook 2003. Help!!! I can
| get these into my personal contact folder but not a defined public
| folder...how can I make outlook see my folder and not default to my
| personal contact folder. Thanks!

Karl Timmermans

The following may be of interest (importing to Public folders is supported)

http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Nancy in Louisville, KY" <Nancy in Louisville,
news:[email protected]...