    contacts that used to be in my contacts folder. So it appears the Address
    Book still contains some reference to those contacts. Is it possible to clear
    these contacts from the Personal Address Book?

    Chris Moore, Feb 5, 2010

  2. "Chris Moore" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Outlook 2002 on Windows XP.
    >
    > I've been experimenting with exporting my contacts from the Address book.
    > Right now my Contacts folder only contains some distribution lists. No
    > individual contacts. However previously there were numerous individual
    > contacts in the Contacts folder. These contacts had been added to the
    > Personal Address Book (Contacts folder) from the GAL. Now, when I export my
    > Contacts I get a list of all the contact information for all individual
    > contacts that used to be in my contacts folder. So it appears the Address
    > Book still contains some reference to those contacts. Is it possible to
    > clear
    > these contacts from the Personal Address Book?

    The Personal Address Book is an old, outdated feature of Outlook that became
    obsolete at Outlook 97. You shouldn't be using it. Keep your contacts in
    your Contacts folder. Import the contents of the PAB (File>Import and
    Export>Import from another program or file>Personal Address Book) into
    Contacts and remove the PAB service from Outlook.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Feb 5, 2010