Excel Charts

G

I have some charts that are linked to a summary page. If I change the summary page the charts change accordingly. Each chart has a heading with different names on it. I set up the charts so that when I change the date on the first chart it will change the date on all the other charts. The line under the date is used to show whether or not the chart shows something under or over depending on the formula that I have entered in each chart. Somehow, when I go to any chart and change the term "Under" or "Over" it will change all the charts as well as show up in the heading on my summary page. There is no formula on this line that links it to any other chart. I did notice that my Chart Wizard icon is not highlighted and I cannot get it access to it. How do I correct my problem. The line in my heading should not ne attached to anything but the current chart.

J

Jon Peltier

Another idea. Select a series, and look at the formula in the formula
bar. Is it a normal reference to a range of cells, or is it linked to
some dynamic ranges? Select any worksheet cell, and press CTRL+F3. Are
there any defined names in the list? They are a handy way to chart
certain things, but if you are not prepared for them or unaware of them,
you would not know what they were doing.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Ask a Question