Copy Charts/formulas will not adjust?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a multible tab setup in my workbook and I try to copy charts from one tab to the next. Problem is, the charts keep the formulas/format from the previous tab. This means I have to manually adjust each chart again to point to the data in the copied to tab, which in my case is simply too much work. The setup is the same in each tab, data tables have the exact same cell references and the only difference is the tab name itself, which the chart should point to. However, when I simply copy paste, the charts keep the formulas of the original tab.

Is there a way to have the chart adjust the formulas automatically as Excel does when copy paste or "dragging" formulas within the same tab?

I tried as well to use the "Find & Replace" option to on each chart to simply replace the names of the tab within the chart formulas, however, the find relace seems not to work for charts.

Any help is appriciated!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am using Excel 2010

Ask a Question