event log error

G

I get error 8003 in system event log in my server w2k SP4, when I restart my xp-pro workstation to log-in
It reads: " The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer "name" that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport Netbt_tcpIP. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.
Beside, I can see the workstation in My network places, but I can´t see her resources....a message appears sayng that the path to de network cant be founded
The workstation with Xp-pro has been gonfigured with the preferred DNS server, use netbios over tcp-ip, and so on.....
what can it be
Thanks

G

Start the Windows XP machine. Goto Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Extended. Then scroll down until you see Computer Browser and click on it. Stop the service and disable it. Then scroll down to Server and click on that, stop the service and disable it. Reboot the machine (and the Windows 2000 server if that is possible.) I'm not sure but I think Windows XP will always try to assert itself as the server when on a network where other computers are running previous versions of Windows. Since your server is running Windows 2000 this would be creating a conflict Now, of the two services you disable, one is the culprit (I'm sorry, I can't remember which one) so try re-enabling one and then the other until you isolate the problem service and the leave that one disabled. Hope this works. Good luck

~G

Ask a Question