Event Source:MRxSmb , Event ID:8003

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server' started by Guest, Nov 5, 2007.

    Hello

    Seeking suggestion from expertise...

    In one of our server we are getting the below error very frequently.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MRxSmb
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8003
    The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ....
    that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
    NetBT_Tcpip_{04AE5417-6672-4574-. The master browser is stopping or an
    election is being forced.

    any suggestion from experts will help me to address this query.

    Thanks in advance
    Santosh K.

    Guest, Nov 5, 2007

    mrrcomp Guest

    HI santosh,

    Did you ever find a solution/reason for the events you mention??

    Regards

    Meir R.

    mrrcomp, Nov 30, 2007

    uvirk Guest

    I am also looking for a permenant solution to this issue, for the time being
    what I have been doing to resolve the issue is to stop the "computer browser"
    service on the target machine shown in the error.
    My question remains to Microsoft experts is there any permanent fix to this
    or a hot fix which can be used....

    Useful link as following: -
    http://weblog.techdad.net/2007/05/09/how-to-fix-master-browser-mrxsmb-event-id-8003-errors/

    Thanks,
    Virk.
    06/05/2008

    uvirk, Jun 5, 2008

    ArtMinds Guest

    ArtMinds, Jul 9, 2009

    ArtMinds Guest

    I am repeatedly suffering the same problem on my Windows 2003 Small Business
    Server, but the offending computer is an Apple Powerbook running OS X 10.4.11
    .. So I believe the solution lies in making modifications to settings on the
    Apple computer. Does anyone have the necessary changes that need to be made?
    The Powerbook is connecting using a wireless access point on my Windows 2003
    Server Active Directory network using a domain, not a workgroup.

    ArtMinds, Jul 9, 2009

    Dave Patrick Guest

    No idea really on the powerbook but for windows I would have said;

    For the Windows NT'ish machines

    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters

    Set all but the pc designated as browse master to;

    MaintainServerList = "Auto"
    IsDomainMaster = "False"

    On the win9x machines (if any), Control Panel|Network, then on the
    "Protocols" tab scroll down to "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft
    Networks, then "Properties", then for the "Browse Master" property, choose
    "Disabled"

    and you'll have no more elections.

    --

    Regards,