    SERVICE SID {S-1-5-20}. This security permission can be modified using the
    Component Services administrative tool." Does anyone have any ideas how to
    fix the problem? Thanks.

    Diane Walker, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Hi Diane,

    On computer where you are seeing these error messages in the Event Log, try
    the following:

    1) Open Internet Explorer
    2) Tools > Internet Options > Advance tab, in the Browsing section
    3) Uncheck 'Display a notification about every script error'
    4) Check 'Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)'
    5) Check 'Disable script debugging (Other)'
    6) And click OK.

    194396 MDM.EXE - DLL Initialization Failed Error
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=194396

    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado
    Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    Mike Rosado [MSFT], Nov 21, 2005