Error1327.InvalidDrive:F:\

Tom Emmelot

Hello seabird1963,

can you give some more info??

Regards >*< TOM >*<

seabird1963 schreef:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your interest. Well, I am unable to install Microsoft
anti-spyware Beta. I have tried several times even with the assistence of
microsoft tech support. After download is completed a warning box appears
saying: FAILURE..Error1327.InvalidDrive:F:/
Also I have been trying to get rid of the icon (red circle with white cross)
at right bottom of screen to no avail.
My internet provider is AOL and system MicrosoftXL Home
Thanks, Paul

Hello seabird,

No one can help if you don't provide at least a modicum of informatiºn.
Help us help yºu:

Tell if an error occurs when doing some action or using some particular
software.

What changed in your system shortly before the problem occurred? Knowing
about a setting change or added software or hardware may be helpful in
solving the problem.

Briefly describe your machine.

Identify clearly the steps and procedures you have already used to try to
fix the problem.

Be patient waiting for a response, it may take a couple of days or more
before the right person sees the question.

If you don't get a response, it is probably because either the answer is
unknown, perhaps your question was not understood or the information
originally provided was not clear enough. If this occurs, posting an amended
question could produce a better result.

Engel

Dave M

Hi seabird1963;

More specifically, what is Drive:F on your system... a CD, a DVD, a second
internal/external hard disk? It would also be good to know what you have
mounted (or inserted) at drive F if there is anything there.

Also, take a look at this thread and see if the problem and fix as posted by
Engle matches your red circle with white cross description:

From: D. Goodman
Subject: Realtime Protection Problem
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.general

Dave M

Hi again...
Another possible red circle with X description:

From: MichEvett
Subject: "Computer is infected" - but MSAS shows "No Known Issues Detected"
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures

Hi Engel,
Thanks for the interest. Well, I tried to install again to no avail!
It said " The wizard was interrupted before complete installation because
your system has not been modified" Modified? Any suggestions?
Seabird

seabird1963 said:
Hi Engel,
Thanks for the interest. Well, I tried to install again to no avail!
It said " The wizard was interrupted before complete installation because
your system has not been modified" Modified? Any suggestions?
Seabird

Hi Tom,
Many thanks for giving me the link to ccleaner.com. The system is running
much better now. Now I must figure out how to download the anti-spyware!

Hi Engel,
Thanks again.
DellXP
version 2002
service pack 2
Athlon (tm) XP1700
1.47GHz 128MB of RAM

Happy New Year
Seabird

Tom Emmelot

Hello seabird1963,

the downloadlink i sent you wont work?
save to disk and do then the install!

Regards >*< TOM >*<

seabird1963 schreef:

Hi seabird,

Please ensure you are doing this under a Administrator accºunt.

Go with Tom's Advise of today but also check this:

Also turn off any AntiVirus utility you might have installed before
attempting
installatiºn and exit all the programs in the task bar.

Reinstall now.

Happy Y2K6 !!

Engel