Error sending messages on Windows Mail

Bill Myers

Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account.

Error message is as follows --

Unknown error has occurred -
Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net
Protocol: SMTP"
Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised
Port: 587
Secure (SSL): Yes
Server Error #0x800CCC65

(this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party)

I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message was
exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said -
Server Error #0x800CCC90

Gabriel

I get error message numberox800ccc19 I wonder why the sender participant
wont jot down the sending problem, and or correct ame.

Gary VanderMolen

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then uncheck the SSL option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)