Error Message ESENT ID 103

Bill

Hi,
I hope someone can help,I keep getting the message ESENT
ID 103 appearing in the event log and I can,t seem to
find any information on it,I am using Windows xp home SP1
with all updates,
Thank you for any help or advice,
Bill.

Gerry Cornell

Bill

Please copy / paste the Error Report so that we can see what the report
says.

Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
discrepancies can
make it harder to search for information about the error message.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools, Event
Viewer.
When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event ID,
Source
and Description are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you should
double click
for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double click
on the
error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button resembling
two
pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
message
(email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
info from the
Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make sure
this is
the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Incognitus

Double click the event and I think that you'll find it's the Windows update
engine.
I have those since v5update was installed.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Bill said:
I hope someone can help,I keep getting the message ESENT
ID 103 appearing in the event log and I can,t seem to
find any information on it,I am using Windows xp home SP1
with all updates
Hi

From a recent post in microsoft.public.windowsupdate:

From: "David Kays [MSFT]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: ESENT Messages
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:01:45 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

</quote>
This is a known issue with the WU v5 client. It has to do with how the
client agent interacts with the Jet database engine. This is something
we'll consider fixing in a future version of the WU client. I'm not aware
of work arounds for this issue, sorry.

newsgroup purposes only.

palefox said:
Running XP Home pre-SP2...

Has anyone else noticed multiple instances of 4 ESENT entries in the
Application log of Event Viewer? Do I have to live with this or is this
behavior fixable?

The first one being this: (they all have to do with wuauclt)

Event Type: Information
Event Source: ESENT
Event Category: General
Event ID: 100
Date: 8/11/2004
Time: 10:29:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CPQ49314066312
wuauclt (3276) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.

They started right after this, in the System Log:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Windows Update Agent
Event Category: Installation
Event ID: 19
Date: 8/11/2004
Time: 10:28:51 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CPQ49314066312
Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following
update: Automatic Updates

I think the above has to do with the v5 site. I checked my install history
and it said my last was the IE update on 8/3.

<quote>

Bill

Hi,
Hope this what you mean,not sure,the ID number changes
ie:100,101,102,103 203,the 103 says wuaueng:dll(2956)
SUS20 clientDataStore the database engine stopped the
instance,
hope it makes sense,
Details
ID: 103
Source:
ESENT

We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in
the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base
databases at this time. You can use the links in the
Support area to determine whether any additional
information might be available elsewhere.

----------------------

Thank you for searching on this message; your search
helps us identify those areas for which we need to
provide more information.

Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
available for this specific error or event message. For
information about other support options you can use to
find answers online, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

Thanks,
Bill.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Bill said:
Hi,
Hope this what you mean,not sure,the ID number changes
ie:100,101,102,103 203,the 103 says wuaueng:dll(2956)
SUS20 clientDataStore the database engine stopped the
instance,
hope it makes sense,
Details
ID: 103
Source:
ESENT
Hi

See my other post in this thread for an explanation for
those events in the log.

Bill

Hi Incognitus,
That sound about right I have only just started to
recieve the error message,is there anything I can do
about them or do I try to forget them,do they do any
harm?,
Thanks,
Bill.

Hi Torgeir Bakken,
Do,s this error do any harm and when you say
you,ll "consider fixing it" in the future,can you expand
on that,
Thank you,
Bill.
I hope someone can help,I keep getting the message ESENT
ID 103 appearing in the event log and I can,t seem to
find any information on it,I am using Windows xp home SP1
with all updates
Hi

From a recent post in microsoft.public.windowsupdate:

From: "David Kays [MSFT]" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:01:45 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

</quote>
This is a known issue with the WU v5 client. It has to do with how the
client agent interacts with the Jet database engine. This is something
we'll consider fixing in a future version of the WU client. I'm not aware
of work arounds for this issue, sorry.

newsgroup purposes only.

(e-mail address removed)...

Date: 8/11/2004
Time: 10:28:51 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CPQ49314066312
Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following
update: Automatic Updates

I think the above has to do with the v5 site. I checked my install history
and it said my last was the IE update on 8/3.

<quote>

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.msp x
.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Bill said:
Hi Incognitus,
That sound about right I have only just started to
recieve the error message,is there anything I can do
about them or do I try to forget them,do they do any
harm?,
Thanks,
Bill.
Hi

They are harmless.

From a recent post in microsoft.public.windowsupdate
about this messages:

From: "David Kays [MSFT]" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:01:45 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate

<quote>
This is a known issue with the WU v5 client. It has to do with how the
client agent interacts with the Jet database engine. This is something
we'll consider fixing in a future version of the WU client. I'm not aware
of work arounds for this issue, sorry.
</quote>

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Hi Torgeir Bakken,
Do,s this error do any harm

They are harmless, and it is not error messages, it is
only information entries.

and when you say
you,ll "consider fixing it" in the future,can you expand
on that,

It was David Kays [MSFT] that said that, and I am not a Microsoft
employee so I can only guess, but I would say that this means that
Microsoft may or may not remove those messages in future newer
versions of WU5.

Incognitus

Well, I've watched and when I connect (dial-up), ESENT 100 and 101 enable
and check for updates, when I dis-connect, 102 and 103 disable the previous
action, I'd assume it's normal.

Bill

Hi Torgeir,
I apologise for the mistake did,t mean to offend you,
Bill.