Error Loading C:\PROGRA~1\SOFTWA~1\soproc.exe

Whenever I start up my pc, I get two error messages. The first error message
says: RUNDLL & Error loading on the tab and the in the box it says: The
specified module could not be found.

Then a second error message pops up right after that & it says: Windows
cannot find: 'C:\PROGRA~1\SOFTWA~1\soproc.exe.'

After a minute music starts playing on its own & when I go to the Task
Manager to end that process, I find it under the name 'altpayv2'. it
continues to repeat the music until I end the process in the Task Manager.
Can you explain to me why it's doing that and tell me how to fix this
problem PLEASE?!
Thanks in advance...Gina

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Isolate and disable the entries in the startup axis that are loading them.

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"The specified module could not be found" <The specified module could not be
news:[email protected]...

You're going to have to explain that to me as if I was an 8 year old kid
because I really didn't understand what that entails. Sorry...

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers said:
[...]

Hi Gina,

It's really not as difficult as it may sound. Here's the general way to look
at it using the System Configuration Utility (msconfig):

Click start/run, type msconfig and click ok. Go to the startup tab, look at
the list of entries. See if one of them corresponds to the file that you are
having trouble with. If it is easy to locate, uncheck it, click apply/ok and
reboot as directed. It should resolve the problem.

Now, if it's not that easy (would be nice if it was), then uncheck half the
entries on that tab, click apply/ok and reboot. Is the error gone? If so, it
was one of the ones you unchecked. If not, then it is probably in one of the
remaining ones. Depending on which half it was in, recheck (if the error is
gone) or uncheck (if it was not) half the remaining ones and repeat.
Continue until you find the one that loads it.

At this point you have a choice. You can simply leave it uncheck (there is
nothing wrong with using selective startup mode), or we can delve further
and remove the errant entry from the registry. Just post back with the
results.

If the above steps do not isolate the entry, then it may be loading from one
of the more uncommon points in the startup axis, we can explore those too if
needed, just let me know.