ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not delete from specified tables.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by jwtulp@hotmail.com, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have some troubles with a DELETE statement in Access. Ik have a
    ASP.Net application that uses an OdbcCommand. The CommandText is:
    DELETE FROM people WHERE id = ?. I pass the id as parameter. I've used
    the debugger to verify that an ID is passed to the query, so that's not
    the problem. I can also execute the query directly in MSAccess, so the
    query itself seems OK.

    I think it is more likely that it is a permission problem. The problem
    is, I've checked lots of things, and still it doesn't work (also not
    after a iisreset). I run WindowsXP. My website runs at
    c:\InetPub\wwwroot\mySite, and the database is located in
    c:\InetPub\wwwroot\mySite\data\myDB.mdb. On the filesystem the
    databasefile and the datafolder both have write permissions (readonly
    attribute is off). The database itself has only 1 user, and this users
    has all the rights possible (insert, update, delete, etc.). In IIS I
    set the database directory security to both read and write and the
    accesscontrol for the database directory is set to use the IUSR_
    account for anonymous access.

    So, what else can I do? I'm a little lost here, so any help would be
    appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Jan Willem Tulp

    , Nov 23, 2005

    I found a solution: the ASPNET user didn't have enough permissions, so
    I gave write permissions for the ASPNET user on the database file. Now
    it works!

    , Nov 25, 2005

  3. Guest Guest

    Re: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could

    Seems to be the same problem I'm having. How did you change the ASP user
    permissions.

    Thanks

    Guest, Feb 10, 2006