Error code help

Reaction score
Error code help RESOLVED

Im trying to backup my computer with drive image 7 and i keep getting an error code.
Could someone help to explain what it means, or where i could find out what it means.
This is the message-

Back up of C:\ did not complete successfully.
Error E7D1001E: unable to read from file. Error 0000045D: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error ( 0xE7D1001E )

What is the I/0 device ? as my scanner is not working and may be the cause of the device error.

Found the problem in the PCI USB 2 card and replaced the card. Everything working fine now.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What is the I/0 device
Input / Output Device ... such as a floppy drive and or a hard disk drive ... a piece of hardware that is used for both providing information to the computer and receiving information ... ;)

Reaction score
Could the scanner be a I/O Device, as mine just disappeared some time ago. The device manager no longer lists any imaging device, despite me trying to un-install and re-install it several times. Computer does not detect any scanner at all.

Ive tried to find out what the error codes mean but cant find anything, If i could find the file that drive image cant read i could fix or delete it ?
Ive run scandisk and defrag still no joy.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Yes, a scanner is an I/O device.

... drive image 7 is owned by Symantec and they recommend downloading .NET off MS’s Update site. However, some people have had problems with .NET

I use DI 7 & .NET and have no problems, there was an update to DI 7 not too long ago which was very hard to find http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/techsupp/files/dimage/dimage_7_files.htmlGet it here its 47.9mb in size.

Make a restore point ... download .NET from windows update site & install, install DI 7 update.

Oh, disconnect the scanner just in case it is a cause of concern.

Reaction score
Thanks, i downloaded .net about 8 weeks ago when i installed drive image then got a windows update for it some time later, a later version i think.
I will remove the scanner altogether.
I wonder how, if after removing the scanner, i could find the problem file , maybe edit something in the registry ?

muckshifter

Reaction score
I don't think the scanner is a problem, but you never know with computers.

Your best course of action would be to email Symantec about the error.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks iv'e sent of an e-mail to symantec im hopeing they might shed some light on the problem. Ive tried to find any files relating to the scanner but no luck so far.

As it takes 20 minutes to do a back up and i can access other files on the ext HDD im presuming the it's not at fault. Drive image only has the problem checking the integrity after it's writin the back up.

Reaction score
Fixed the problem in USB 2 CARD. Replaced the card, see original post.

Pity it took me a week to find it, as the error codes don't explain what device is the "problem".
It will be interesting to see how long Symantec takes to reply to my e-mail, a week so far i think.
Fantastic now backing up again on USB 2 , 23 minutes instead of 4 hours on USB 1.1.

Ask a Question