Error 633

Hi All ! Can anyone help! When I try to connect to the internet I get the following message "Error 633 The Modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly".
It won't even dial a number, I've checked the modem (56k) and it says its working fine. It's dial-up internet and as far as I know (it's a family PC - Win XP) no-one has changed any settings.It's been like this for a month now and I'm at my wits end!
Can anybody help me, please!

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Please visit this KB Article # 324760 "Error Message: Error 633 Modem Is
Already in Use" at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324760

Also see the KB Article # 308022 "Resources for troubleshooting modem
problems in Windows XP" at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308022

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--From: "=?Utf-8?B?TWFuaWNTdHJlZXRQcmVhY2hlcnM=?="
<[email protected]>
--Subject: Error 633
--Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:52:01 -0700