Error 3033 on startup module

Reaction score
I have a problem with Access security losing the permission for a user to modify design of a table, which is created on opening the database. The way I have it setup is an event in the "Autoexec" macro to run a module, which is to open a "make-table" query (code is below). It works until I log back in as Administrator, log out, and log back in with the typical db Read-Only login (for which I did give 'Modify Design" to, for the table and query). As long as I don't login as Administrator it will continue to work. The error I get is '3033', do not have permission to use the table object. If I hit the Debug command button then it goes to the third line of script (below). Anyone know of a way to set permissions in the VBA module code to resolve?

Public Function Startup()
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryWell_ID"
End Function

Reaction score
OK, I figured out the security problem...what I had to do is set all permissions, but 'Administer' for the table to be updated each time the db is opened, for the read-only user. In addition, had to set the same permissions for <New Tables/Queries> and a linked table from which the make-table query pulls data from. I think I will be able to adjust the permission settings more once the db is split.

Ask a Question