Error 25015 TIA

sandy58

I am attempting to install .Dot Net framework v2.0.50727 & get this
error message. Help please.
Error 25015 failed to install C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework
\2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.dll because of system error.

Iceman

I am attempting to install .Dot Net framework v2.0.50727 & get this
error message. Help please.
Error 25015 failed to install C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework
\2.0.50727\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Vsa.dll because of system error.

Are you logged on as Administrator, while attempting setup?

Anyway, I found this forum thread that might help (with links):

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/8655d21b-259b-449d-a0f4-0b94cdc353a1/

Shorter link: http://tinyurl.com/yk6dfts

sandy58

Are you logged on as Administrator, while attempting setup?

Anyway, I found this forum thread that might help (with links):

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/8655d21b...

Shorter link:http://tinyurl.com/yk6dfts

Thanks for the double tip, Iceman. I think it's because I haven't yet
activated XP from the last "wipe-out", so that's the next problem. I
have re-installed XP Home ED & never had an activation problem till
now. The ID numbers (9x6 groups) seemingly are causing grief during
activation IE; "fault with your *********numbers"
I have spoken "live" to the call centre & been given a telephone (UK)
number to call..tomorrow as they are closed weekends. Have you any
idea why NOW I am having problems with activation. I have a genuine XP
cd bought at the electronics shop where I bought the parts for my PC
(self-built) and never had any trouble before now. Thanks for your
prompt reply.

Iceman

In this group sandy58 wrote in message
Thanks for the double tip, Iceman. I think it's because I haven't yet
activated XP from the last "wipe-out", so that's the next problem. I
have re-installed XP Home ED & never had an activation problem till
now. The ID numbers (9x6 groups) seemingly are causing grief during
activation IE; "fault with your *********numbers"
I have spoken "live" to the call centre & been given a telephone (UK)
number to call..tomorrow as they are closed weekends. Have you any
idea why NOW I am having problems with activation. I have a genuine XP
cd bought at the electronics shop where I bought the parts for my PC
(self-built) and never had any trouble before now. Thanks for your
prompt reply.

I'm sorry, Sandy, but I have nothing else to offer. Did you read the posts
and articles I linked to?

BTW, an over-install (installing an OS on top of an earlier installation) is
not recommended. A fresh install is usually preferable.

See, fx: http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

sandy58

In this group sandy58 wrote in message

I'm sorry, Sandy, but I have nothing else to offer. Did you read the posts
and articles I linked to?

BTW, an over-install (installing an OS on top of an earlier installation)is
not recommended. A fresh install is usually preferable.

See, fx:http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html

Iceman, I think I'll go for the clean install, now that you mention
it. That would seem feasible considering the nonsense I have had so
far. When I started this install the numbers (9x6 groups) were
different to the ones I am getting now. I can almost remember the the
present faulty ones off by heart!). I'll start tidying my C:\ drive in
prep for the clean install & let you know how it goes. Thanks for the
tips.
ATB.