Error 1083 security center

when trying to start security center I get " error 1083: the executable
program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the
service" I tried administrative tools|services, and in run... Thank You

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Two things to check:

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc

In the right pane look for the ImagePath value. It should read:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

With a value type of REG_EXPAND_SZ

Next, go to the Parameters sub-key and check the ServiceDLL value. It should read:

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wscsvc.dll

If both of these values are correct, then open Windows Explorer and go to the Windows\System32\dllcache folder. Copy the WSCSVC.DLL from there to Windows\System32.

And what to do when the values are not correct?
Specifically "> %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wscsvc.dll"
Thanks...

giantjoey24

Doug Knox MS-MVP said:
Modify them so they are correct.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media CenterWindows Powered Smart
Display

 >> Two things to check:
 >>
 >> Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServiceswscsvc

 >> In the right pane look for the ImagePath value. It
should read:

 >> %SystemRoot%System32svchost.exe -k netsvcs
 >>
 >> With a value type of REG_EXPAND_SZ
 >>
 >> Next, go to the Parameters sub-key and check the
ServiceDLL value. It should read:

 >> %SYSTEMROOT%system32wscsvc.dll
 >>
 >> If both of these values are correct, then open
Windows Explorer and go to the WindowsSystem32dllcache
folder. Copy the WSCSVC.DLL from there to WindowsSystem32.

 >> --
 >> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media CenterWindows
Powered Smart Display
 >> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
 >> http://www.dougknox.com
 >> --------------------------------
 >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP
Pro

 >> --------------------------------
 >> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may
benefit.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
  >> > when trying to start security center I get "
error 1083: the executable
  >> > program that this service is configured to
run in does not implement the
  >> > service" I tried administrative
tools|services, and in run... Thank You

umm what do you do if you dont HAVE a Windows\System32\dllcache
folder?
I searched for it and it olny found a dllcache folder in the
lastgood/win32 folder. There was no WSCSVC.DLL either.

please help..
Registry is fine too

Doug Knox MS-MVP

dllcache is a hidden system folder. Click Start, Run and enter %WINDIR%\System32\dllcache Or, alternatively change your folder option in Windows Explorer (Tools, Folder Options, View tab) to show hidden files and folders and show the contents of System folders.

I have the same problem. However, the registry is fine.
There were no WSCSVC.DLL in my dllcache folder. The file was already in the
System32 folder, but to ensure the dll wasn't damaged I replaced it with a
WSCSVC.DLL downloaded from the net.
But, unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

Very thankful for all help!
Best Regards,
Mattias Henriksson