Windows Vista Error 0x8007045D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This post follows on from the one in Support. I'm not so sure now that it is a hardware problem.

On the second attempt I managed to do a PC Restore and all went well until after the Desktop appeared. Then I got a message stating that it could not continue as the EULALauncher had stopped working ???? On rebooting the Desktop had gone completely.EULALauncher appears in Google and in some forums but I can't make head nor tail of it. Anyone heard of it?

I then tried a clean reinstall using the CD that came with the machine 14 months ago. It downloads the files and then expands them but then gives me the Error 0x8007045D stating that the installation cannot be completed.
I've looked on various forums but although there are plenty of reports about this error there do not appear to be any answers !!!

When I try to boot the PC automatically runs through a PC repair sequence but ends by stating that it cannot repair the problem. It seems to be something to do with the Boot Manager not being able to find the OS launcher

Can anyone help? I am unable to do ANYTHING now on this PC.:mad: :mad: :mad:

(Obviously I'm typing this post on another PC :D )

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey Niv

As far as i know EULA is a way of formatting a Hard Drive, such as NTFS or FAT32, the only time i have come across it was when i removed the HDD from my PS3, but thats not really relevant here, just the onlt time i've seen it.

Boot manager not being able to find the OS

Looks like it is a hardware error on the HDD and that it cannot write boot sectors.

Will have a look around though.

Lots of people pointing to a bad CD/DVD have you used the Disc before? Did it work, are you using Vista or XP?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

This sound as if the hard drive is faulty, who makes the hard drive? Have you tried downloading the hard drive makers test tool and testing the drive with that? Try another cable or port on the motherboard. It might also be worth tying the hard drive in another pc and installing windows on it and see if the problem happens on there as well. What windows are you using?

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Hey Niv

As far as i know EULA is a way of formatting a Hard Drive, such as NTFS or FAT32, the only time i have come across it was when i removed the HDD from my PS3, but thats not really relevant here, just the onlt time i've seen it.

EULA = End USer Licence Agreement...EULAlaunncher.exe is a program that launches the ELUA when installing new software..Its got nowt to do wwith how you format a hard drive...ELUAlauncher.exe can be located in program files and removed...

@ Nivrip..Is this error happening on an XP or Vista install...????

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:

@ Nivrip..Is this error happening on an XP or Vista install...????

Thanks for the replies. :thumb:

It's an attempted Vista reinstall. :mad:

Ask a Question