Employment

Reaction score
So what does everyone do for a living?

I've just finished my Information Systems degree and looking for a job. Did my one year placement in IT Support.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Employment , its for the masses .

I'm a disabled anarchist .

laughingsmiley.gif

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Corporate tax advisor

No... not a tax inspector. I get that all the time. I battle the Inland Revenue! :D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
currently studying for a degree so no job but i'm gonna need one soon

also help out friends etc with their computers which i usually get rewarded for

Reaction score
Drive a PCV for Children with special needs. I love my job and do not want to ever give up. I am 70 years young and plan to live a lot of years yet, and pass my yearly medical.

Reaction score
Currently doing a Business Info Systems Degree at uni. Im on my placement year in august working in an IT department, mainly working on the networking and support side of things.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There is currently a vacancy for anybody weighing more than twenty stone to kick start Jumbo Jets at Heathrow.

As this work area is currently under represented by one third of the genders available, they're seeking females, preferably with a full beard and a dashing line in boiler suit chic.

It should be noted, however, that the vacancy became available after the recent death of one of Heathrow's longest standing employees 'Sweaty Betty' who regrettably met her demise after attempting to suck a Boeing 747's jet engine to life after it stalled.

Sadly for Betty the Captain hit the ignition buttton seconds after she clamped her lips round the outlet port... :eek:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Andy ... take no notice of this bloody lot of sarky posters, we have had this post before mind, so that may account for the 'daft' replies ... that or they all been in the bar again. ;)

As for me ... if I wake up in the morning breathing ... I'm living. :thumb:

:user:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
;) *hic*

Full time zoo keeper :nod:
One of the animals is on the xbox at the moment
& the other off with it's father to go to it's weekly hip-hop dance lessons.
That particular species... commonly known as "Teenage daughter"
is known to be highly dangerous, unpredictable & must definitely be handled with care ;)
But I'm good at my job & definitely love it :nod:

Reaction score
Andy C said:

I've just finished my Information Systems degree and looking for a job. Did my one year placement in IT Support.

Stressed out full time carer for my 84 year old mother.

Worked for the MoD for 30 years as a lab technician, junior scientist and administrator - RAE Farnborough (now QinetiQ). Took voluntary redundancy with early retirement in 2005.

Reaction score
Re: enployment

Andy C said:

Hello Andy

I`m retired I`m glad to say,and enjoying every day.
historian

Reaction score
AS levels in 2 weeks :eek: RS, History, Geography and Economics. Ouch.

Havn't really started studying yet. I'm a fool.

I used to do some temp work around the industrial estate nearby, but I packed it in when I went into the hotel. I currently live off my £30 a week EMA payments... :D:D

Equivalent of a sunday job... :D

Going to go job hunting again after my exams. Toy shop nearby I may delve into.

Need a CV though... :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have been having a bit of a clearout and came across my employment record up to the end of '74.

Started out in '68 with one English GCE O Level.

So I made a spreadsheet and filled the rest in and here it is. It seems I only found some stability after spending almost a year away in Cornwall.

Where it says 'DJ-ing' basically means unemployed :D But I've nearly always DJ-ed so at those times it was my only income. I have rarely signed on.

And after leaving the newspaper was basically two years of drug hell, nearly killed me. Never anything hardcore, mostly speed, but nevertheless they came close to destroying me. But, managed to get away from all that crap.

Anyways, here's a serious answer:

jobs.jpg

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
'Fight with the chef'
laughingsmiley.gif

and 14 jobs in 4 years! Oct 69-74...very impressive:D

Last edited:

Ask a Question