Access Employee testing checklist

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have very limited coding knowledge, so please be patient with me, I may need a lot of help. It might be too much to actually do but I was told to come here, by a friend, and someone MAY be able to help or at least put me on the right path. Here is what I'm trying to do:

1. Create a list of every employee (approx 600) in 3 separate "Crafts" and 2 different locations, each employee needs to be tested once on 2 different tests (in a designated time span ie 3 months)

2. The form can ONLY be accessed by persons I approve

3. When a person does a test on any employee and checks the box for a completion, it gets time stamped for that day and their username is logged so that I know which person tested which employees. Date is visible to all, but UN log is only visible to me.

4. Once both tests are done for the employee, they become 'greyed out/inactive' so that everyone that views it, can see but not edit. Only I can edit if need be.

5. A completion percentage status bar. One for each craft in each location. This will let me know at a glance how close we are to overall completion.

6. Multiple versions can be opened at once but data inputted will be combined after saved.

Search function that allows the user to type in an Emp # or last name to quickly find an employee(s).

8. Some employees are out on some type of leave (maternity/paternity, injured etc.). They need not be included in the completion numbers until their status changes. So I guess I need to add a status field. Drop down menu would probably be best.

9. Lastly, at the end of the 3 months, I can reset the data and repeat.

I know it's a lot, but I'm hoping I can get some help with this. Though I listed everything I need/want the checklist to contain, I can do some of it on my own. The main thing I need help with is, the coding of locking the form so that only those I grant permission, can access it. Allowing multiple versions to be open at once and having it sync when saved. And I don't know access all that well and don't know if it has a way to tally completion percentages. But if so, the code needs to be able to identify to which craft and location each employee belongs. I would very much appreciate ANY help. I am a fast learner and am not asking for someone to do it all for me. I just have very limited coding experience (mainly macros) and need this ASAP, so time is not on my side or I would have grabbed a few coding books and taken some online classes. I will start creating it tomorrow and need to complete it within 2 weeks (of possible). Sorry for the long post and again any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question