Access Switchboard Question - MS Access 2010

Reaction score
I am trying to design a database that lists field employee skills. The end result is being able to search for employees with specific skills and hopefully how many years experience the employee might have then generate a printable report.

Since there is a HUGE difference in computing skills I thought using a switchboard to help navigate through this process would be the best idea. However, I am definitely a newbie to designing anything like this and was hoping for some advice and/or being pointed in the right direction to start.

Because there are only 8 items allowed on each switchboard, I know I will need a main switchboard that links to 5 sub-switchboards that list the actual skills. Of those 5 I will need 3 single switchboards and 2 switchboards that will link to 3 sub-switchboards.

So it looks like this:

Main Switchboard
Skill List 1 Skill List 2 Skill List 3 Skill List 4 Skill List 5
Sub List 1 Sub List 1
Sub List 2 Sub List 2
Sub List 3 Sub List 3

How much hair will I lose by trying to create these and is it the best way to accomplish my task?

Thank you so much for any advice that can be given!

~ Brenda ~

Ask a Question