Elder Scrolls 4, Q and perhaps A

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
OH NO!

whenever i try to move now, my character moves extremly slowly. it isnt a spell or anything, i think its something wrong with the game. any ideas?!?
... I had "crashing" yesterday :mad: this game is in serious need of some patches.

AND THEY BETTER MAKE EM QUICK

:(

Reaction score
its so annoying, i was really deep inside echo cave and all of a sudden he just moved mega slowly! and i couldnt fastravel to outside cos you cant when your inside...it took me about half an hour to get out :(
oh and im Arch-mage of the mages guild now;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i have been arch-mage for a while now :D
are you sure your not crouching?

Reaction score
no,no,no its nothing to with the controls, all that happens is i move very slow and my character veeery slowly moves to the left. it isnt a keyboard problem all the keys are fine with everything else. im pretty sure its something that is going to be patched and i hope they do it soon because its ruining my game :(:(

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
thats never happened to me, nor have any of the problems mention here. and i have been playing the longest... perhaps its a british thing?

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry - no problems here either.

I was hit with a spell that slowed me down in one of the caves but that was obviously part of the game.

I have a question;
Apparently you can also use Soul gems to recharge magical weapons but I don't know how to use them. Has anyone used one yet.
Any idea how to use recharge magical weapons without a Varla Stone. I know that I can pay to get it done - but it ain't cheap!

Covenant

Reaction score
Covenant said:
I have a question;
Apparently you can also use Soul gems to recharge magical weapons but I don't know how to use them. Has anyone used one yet.
Any idea how to use recharge magical weapons without a Varla Stone. I know that I can pay to get it done - but it ain't cheap!

Covenant

Firstly,
nope you cant use Soul gems to recharge weapons,just enchant them.
secondly,i guess you will have to cough up the gold if you dont have a varla stone.

heh not what you wanted to hear :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
I Quite ...

I'm fed-up with it crashing/freezing

... returning it tomorrow.

wallbash.gif

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Your wrong michael, you can use soul gems to recharge enchanted items. just "equip" a filled soul gem and a screen with appear and will show you which items can be recharged. then click the one you want to recharge. :)
Of course your going to need a spell or scroll of soul catcher or something like that (mystisim). and a empty soul gem. one thing to remember is that your soul gem must be strong enough to contain a soul. heres a break down of the soul gems.
Petty- low level creatures like rats
common- still low level creatures, like skeletons and such.
greater- mid range creatures like... boars... and skeleton guardians... goblin shamen?
Grand soul gems- high level creatures, i think it can capture anything.

HEY mucks, have you tried a defragging? I heard this can clean up the game if it starts to behave badly. Try it First!!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ohhh... and if your looking for a soul trap spell (Thats What its called!) i think you can find them at the Bravil or Leywiin mages guild, you dont have to be a member to buy them. Just ask around

muckshifter

Reaction score
Alf said:
HEY mucks, have you tried a defragging? I heard this can clean up the game if it starts to behave badly. Try it First!!
Behave badly? I sware it wen't out on the town, bought back some female company and retired for the night. :rolleyes:

It just bins out to the desktop or freezes ... when it freezes I have to use the reset button on the case. :mad:

No, I have calmed down, and although I have un-installed, and deleted all the crap left behind, I'll try a re-install.

I did change the Vid card if you remember, and it did not recognize it, so maybe it will this time.

I do have Diskeeper 10 Pro, but I usually only defrag twice a year.

Reaction score
Alf said:
Your wrong michael, you can use soul gems to recharge enchanted items. just "equip" a filled soul gem and a screen with appear and will show you which items can be recharged. then click the one you want to recharge. :)

thanks for correcting me Alf:), have you come across the black soul gem? the necromancers one? i have no idea of its power or even if it is possible to use. you cant buy them you either have to find them on necromancers corpses or, at a necromancers shrine place a standard soul gem on the shrine and cast a soul trap spell.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
No prob, :)
the black soul gem... ive havent tried it...but...
seeing how they are necromancers and how the mages guild takes such a dim view (as well as me) on necromancers, im am assuming that the black soul gems can be used to capture the souls of humans (and related species). I dont know if it will work as im just taking a wild guess, but you can try...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
he Mucks, i think it is time for you to get a new card. Just a thought.

Reaction score
About the black soul gems,
*warning spoilers*

when i was meant to kill mannimarco (the leader of necromancers) i was given a HUGE filled black soul gem (shortly handed to me after i became Arch-mage)....i can only assume you could capture the leaders soul with it, but i failed to do that.
Now i cant use that soul gem to capture anything and it is worth nothing so does anyone know what you were meant to do with it?

Reaction score
Alf said:
he Mucks, i think it is time for you to get a new card. Just a thought.

he did buy a new card...however the card isnt being 'read'.... look back a few pages for more details :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
spoiler ahead!!

whoops didnt hear about the "new" card :)
i suppose you didnt listen to arch mage Traven did you? :D
what the Colossal black soul gem did, is it prevented manimarco from persuading you to join him (against your will). after that its doesnt have much use, but at least it doesnt weight anything. :)
Ahhh, i finally beat the game! but my lips are sealed :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question