Elder Scrolls 4, Q and perhaps A

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
no point for me im still using AGP slot :D
was it enabled for you mucks? you should definitly have a go with it when you fit your new card.
wanna laugh ... it don't recognize my card.
laughingsmiley.gif

However, I reset all the gumf I had turned off, and now I can play, without any break-up of the screen ... yet. :thumb:

See you all in about a week.
laughingsmiley.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I caught myself seriously contemplating buying an xbox360 a couple of weeks ago, just so i could get this game :rolleyes: I need a boot up the *** & a brain scan I think :lol: so I'm practicing restraint (or is it poverty?) & slowly turning green as I sit at my Elder scrolls GOTY & try not to think of oblivion.

I'd love to know what the NPC AI is like in oblivion though?
The older version has so much more potential that it is almost hair tearing to see it not being realised... I know I'll have to wait a while but I can't wait to see how they've developed it in Oblivion.
Do you think green suits me?:D

Edit: Oh & the fighting moves? After playing "the Liandri conflict" I find the morrowind fighting style very limiting... Have they expanded the versatility & range of moves in the new version? Not that I'm curious or anything :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The ai is pretty good, the npc's eat,drink,sleep...most interesting one to watch is when they make potions.
as for fighting, the animation is superb it really does feel like you smashed someones face in with your mace :D. the actual moves are fairly limited, but as you advance through skill levels of weapons there are more varieties.

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'm in hock with the devil, but me Brother keeps saying don't worry about it ... so I ain't. :D

I have never played the others, so I have no idea what they are like ... but I'm glad I bought this one, even if it cost me a leg, helps one to escape for a few hours.

I haven't done much fighting, but what I have done is better than any other game I've played ... err, hang on a mo, I'll think of one, oh yes, Heros of Might & Magic ... I've got the whole set here somewhere.
laughingsmiley.gif

I haven't really got the knack of anything much, but I can sure jump ... stupid E key ... I have stared to grow extra fingers, is that normal?

:thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
it took me awhile to learn how to drop items too. :D
does anyone know how to delete spells? im kind of bloated in the spells section. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
Alf said:
it took me awhile to learn how to drop items too. :D
does anyone know how to delete spells? im kind of bloated in the spells section. :)
Sure, meet me in the floating riff and I'll have them all off you.

:D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Alf said:
Hey Mucks what kind of character are you? :)
Huh? ... I duno.
laughingsmiley.gif

I have had about 4 hours playing, total ... got so fed-up with the screen going all funny yesterday ... now I have the new card, I tested it out this morning, I'll have a look at the book. :D

It seems I'm a Dark Elf, Assassin (??) and I'm dam good at creeping about unseen ... have no idea what I supposed to be doing, but, I'm having fun doing it.
nod.gif

So far all I have really done is wonder around, I have delivered the Amulet, but that's about it ... where it may take you a day to do something, you'll find I take a month. :D

I'm having a dam annoying problem getting used to NOT clicking the mouse when I meet someone ... they don't like it when I draw my sward ... still, I'll learn. :D

Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss:p
i taken up magic, find it alot easier than bashing. and im a warlock in the mages guild :D

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
So far all I have really done is wonder around, I have delivered the Amulet, but that's about it ...

i havent even started the main storyline,i have been tempted elsewhere by other things. and congratulaions on being a thirf type character, i could never have the patience to sneak around its far to slow :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
i havent even started the main storyline,i have been tempted elsewhere by other things. and congratulaions on being a thirf type character, i could never have the patience to sneak around its far to slow :D
hehe, I like it slow, just the right speed for me ... ;)

Whoopee, I just compleated another task ... I got the scroll off the invisable Wizard, I couldn't see him, but he couldn't see me ... hahahahahahahahaaha
laughingsmiley.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
The ai is pretty good, the npc's eat,drink,sleep...most interesting one to watch is when they make potions.
as for fighting, the animation is superb it really does feel like you smashed someones face in with your mace :D. the actual moves are fairly limited, but as you advance through skill levels of weapons there are more varieties.

Thanks michael :D:thumb:
I am so envious of you guys... reckon I might hang around occasionally & perv this thread if that's ok.
meantime... given that we only got the xbox for xmas I wonder how long I need to wait before I can pass off the purchase of a 360 as a 'natural progression'... hmmmmmmmm.... :rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
... reckon I might hang around occasionally & perv this thread if that's ok.
LoL, fine by us ... :D

I got me a horse. :D

But, you can't fight on it, you have to dismount. :rolleyes:
I was on the horse walking by a lake and got attacked by two crabs (crab meat is good for you) ... by the time I realised I had to dismount to fight, the horse had stompted them to death ....
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
oh I do like this "game" ... :D

I'm not very good at the gallop & "stearing" yet ... but I'm pretty good at jumping things. :thumb:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I got me a horse. :D
But, you can't fight on it, you have to dismount. :rolleyes:

blasted horses are far to expensive..5000 gold!?! i dont have much money since mages dont tend to need money really :cool:.

I was reading a story about someones horse..one of the quests was to kill a vampire hiding in a cave, so the guy dismounted his steed and went inside the cave.when he finally found the vampire, he was far too strong so the character had to retreat out of the cave. with the vampire hot in pursuit it looked like all was lost until.....

Binky his trusted horse came out of nowhere and booted the vampire in the face with his hind legs, and the vampire stumbled backward and fell off a cliff!! :lol: :lol:

None of this was scripted, it was just sheer luck that he had Binky! :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Mine was free from the Priory ... I had no gold for a bed , so I went there for a free bed ... I walked straight into one of the monks and without thinking, getting good at this, started to speak to him, and he gave me his horse ... you can talk to the same people over time and their answers change.

:thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Im assuming you got the paint horse, its a good horse. But it cant hold a candle to the black horse... my prefered ride :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
ask away

cirianz said:
I am so envious of you guys... reckon I might hang around occasionally & perv this thread if that's ok.

if you have any Q's , ask away im sure we can come up with a answer.

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
I had a horse once (the one from the priory) but I accidently stole something and my steed disappeared. I'm not sure if the two events are connected! To be honest, the quick travel feature is more useful because you automatically replace health etc. I don't mind wandering around and exploring on foot anyway.

I've now completed a few quests including the (difficult) fighting the ghosts on the ship in Anvil, so I'm increasing my level quite nicely and I've picked up some decent magical equipment.

Covenant

Reaction score
OH NO!

whenever i try to move now, my character moves extremly slowly. it isnt a spell or anything, i think its something wrong with the game. any ideas?!?

Ask a Question