EI System Laptop Screen

Reaction score
A few weeks ago i smashed the screen of my ei system 4406 laptop. The screen had been dodgy for ages and needed a whack to get it to work sometimes... i just got frustrated and hit it too hard one time. Since then ive bought a new laptop (and spilt tea on it today... d'oh! Its ok now tho). Anyway, id like to know where i can get a replacement screen for the EI System laptop! Ive opened up the casing for the screen but i cant split it open completely without snapping it. So ideally, id like a whole new screen unit off a damaged laptop. But if anyone can tell me how to get the casing off completely and where to find a replacement screen id be very grateful. I understand EI System are run by the Dixons Plc or something, and arnt the easiest computers to get parts for :(

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Where abouts did you spill the tea and what quantity and why is it ok now, did it malfunction in some way..

The Eisystem laptop needs to be taken to a proper laptop technician, if it was playing up before you hit it...

Reaction score
I sorta spilt it on the touchpad/keys... wasnt much of it. Just what was left in the bottom of the mug. It went seriously dodgy for a while, coz the the cursor was going crazy! I mopped it up, turned it upside down for a bit, and left it to dry and its fine now.

The screen was dodgy yeah, but it seemed like it was a loose connection anyway. Im not taking it to be repaired anywhere, itll cost me a fortune. I would just plug in a normal monitor but it kinda defeats the object of having a laptop.

Reaction score
Buy Micro Mart

For a replacement screen for your ei system 4406 laptop, buy a copy of Micro Mart from WHSmith or any good newsagents. Inside you will find plenty of adverts for companies that can replace the screen. Try not to cause too much damage to your laptop, hitting hit or dropping them can cause serious damage, even when switched off. My own rule is never to eat or drink near my PC or Laptop, that way accidents are avoided.

Good luck & please post back with any news, as it's always good to hear how useful people found the advice to solutions for their problems.:D

Last edited:

Ask a Question