    (@lincoln.edu.ar) but i can't understand why, we are a school and we need to
    e-mail parents with hotmails accounts.
    Please help!!!

    Leandro Segura, Jan 25, 2010

  2. Leandro Segura

    VanguardLH Guest

    Leandro Segura wrote:

    > E-mails are not being delivered, but they move out of our server, and
    > no bounce back messages come back. i'm sure hotmail is blocking my domain
    > (@lincoln.edu.ar) but i can't understand why, we are a school and we need to
    > e-mail parents with hotmails accounts.

    We can do nothing about what Microsoft does regarding the management of
    their mail service. We are users here just like you.

    What is Usenet:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
    http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
    http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

    If your mail server or domain was blacklisted at Hotmail, you would get back
    an NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail stating that your e-mail was rejected.
    The typical NDR that you get back says:

    550 SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A
    block has been placed against your IP address because we have received
    complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. If you are not an
    email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider
    for help. Email/network admins, we recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail
    Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to help senders remove
    unwanted recipients from their e-mail list: http://postmaster.live.com

    It is then up to whomever is your e-mail provider to work with Microsoft to
    get off of Hotmail's blacklist. Sometimes Microsoft realizes they screwed
    up their filtering and will fix it on their own. However, as the user, all
    you can do is wait until Hotmail is longer blocking your mail server (or
    until your e-mail provider is no longer a major spam source).

    You will have to contact your own e-mail provider to tell them about the
    problem. Only they can coordinate with Hotmail regarding any filtering of
    e-mails coming from their domain. You might also contact your own mail
    administrator or IT folks to inquire how [in]effective is their outbound
    spam filtering.

    http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queries/detaildomain?search_string=lincoln.edu.ar

    The volume of e-mails from your domain is huge (equivalent to many
    university campuses). http://www.lincoln.edu.ar/about/index.html lists some
    stats about your school. If the enrollment count is accurate (at just 884
    students), your tiny school is generating a hell of a lot of e-mail traffic.

    VanguardLH, Jan 26, 2010