    deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and
    they are not in any other folder.

    Any idea on how to resolve this?

    Ed, Feb 2, 2010

  2. Ed

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Change: Hide Read Messages to
    Show All Messages.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP [Mail]

    Bruce Hagen, Feb 2, 2010

  3. Ed

    mac Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > After the last windows update, all the mail in my in box is automaticly
    > deleted after I read them. Some of the e-mail I may want to return to and
    > they are not in any other folder.
    >
    > Any idea on how to resolve this?

    View>current view, disable 'hide read messages'.

    --
    Regards Steve.
    MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

    mac, Feb 2, 2010
  4. For some reason people are posting more about this here than they ever did
    in OE. Very strange.

    steve

    Steve Cochran, Feb 3, 2010
  5. Ed

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    The latest update included a new breed of gremlins. <eg>
    --
    ~Bruce

    Bruce Hagen, Feb 3, 2010
  6. What update? Windows Mail has essentially not received any updates.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen [MVP], Feb 3, 2010
  7. Ed

    Bruce Hagen Guest

    A "Gremlin" update, Gary. You know. Those little creatures that MS builds
    in to screw up their e-mail clients. They were all over Outlook Express.
    (It was meant to be humorous. <eg> = evil grin).
    --
    ~Bruce

    Bruce Hagen, Feb 3, 2010
  8. Gary didn't get the full OE experience. <G>

    Steve Cochran, Feb 4, 2010
  9. Ed

    Adriana Guest

    Adriana, Mar 10, 2010
  10. Ed

    nancy86

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, these types of issues occur at the time of updation. So, you should have been backed up the important mails before performing the updation. Any way, since you have not backed up and lost the emails, I hope they are not overwritten by other data’s. Because then only you will be able to recover the mails. Use Deleted Email Recovery software and see if your problem gets resolved.

    All the best!

    nancy86, Mar 12, 2010