Dwu-14a

Reaction score
Sony DVD internal writer Dwu-14a

I have just bought one of these from Ebuyer but have a problem. When I installed it XP recognised the DVD but when I put in a blank DVD-RW an error message told me that it was not the correct type of disk or it needed formatting. (I tried several disks with the same result) I tried to copy some data but the drive appeared as the source and not the destination. The drive will only play bought DVD's.
Any thoughts please:

Reaction score
Well I found the source of the problem, it was the software that I was using to record. I had installed Focus CD/DVD software and as far as CD's are concerned it is great but I cannot get it to work with DVD's.
Now I have installed Roxio and all is OK.

Reaction score
Dave - have just installed this drive but pc does not recognise it. Didn't come with Drivers and have failed in a search to find any - can you offer any help? Or anyone else??

Reaction score
craigstacey
What operating system are you running? I am using XP and as such it automatically recognises the drive. I really need more info but would suggest that you check to see if the jumper is set to 'slave'as this could give you a problem.
Dave

Ask a Question