DVD Rewriter, which one do you have?

Reaction score
you can still write at 4x to DVD-r's and there will be 16x DVD-r's out if not already then in the near future!

its futureproof(ish)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have had a Pioneer A106 for a while now and I'll probably upgrade shortly. When I do, the Pioneer 108 shown in that link is the one I'll go for, I've been happy with the 106.

Luckily for me the case it's going into is beige (Antec SX1030) cos I can't see one available in black, which is the colour of my other 3 setups.

And oddly, most all of my favourite UK suppliers don't stock Plextor, which is a bit of a shame.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
LiteOn SOHW-1633S 16x Dual Format & Double Layer (RTL)
Retail drive - DVD+R 16x / DVD+R 9 2.4x / DVD+RW 4x / DVD-R 8x / DVD-RW 4x / CD-R 48x / CD-RW 24x / CD-ROM 48x

... be with me in the morning. :D

:thumb:

lol oh yer? you r on a winner there

ive had a lite on cdrw for 3 years. brilliant company! and ive had a Pioneer 106 dvd rom for 3 years too marevellous invention

thinking of going for the Pioneer to follow suit, not a bad price either folkes!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
:thumb:

I had to laugh, I ordered the DVDRW (my first for home use) and then read this thread ... I only buy Lite-On ;)

... and a free spindle of CDs :thumb:

Reaction score
come on guys your thoughts about 16 speed dvd rewriters...........................

and your prefeered makes.....................

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
come on guys your thoughts about 16 speed dvd rewriters...........................

and your prefeered makes.....................
I thought I'd already made it plain...

/me rubs eyes, frowns, screws face into a bunched up ball, sighs and tries one more time...

Listen up, in my ever so very very humble opinion, not that it means jacks**t you understand, but...

Let me reiterate:

16 speed is a good thing.

Dual layer is a good thing (no more compressing them DVD's - sweet :) )

And the Pioneer A108, especially at around sixty five quid, is probably a very good thing.

How's that? :D

Reaction score
My LG has not let me down yet, but i havent put it to the test yet, what kinda burning software should i get?

My LG 8x is plenty fast enough thankyou, the waiting time always gives me time to pop to the toilet or make a sarnie, which i wouldn't do otherwise.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mr Thermal Underwear:

Nero is always good. Has never let me down. It does the job and has handled everything I can throw at it, be it data, audio or video using Vision Express.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I thought I'd already made it plain...

/me rubs eyes, frowns, screws face into a bunched up ball, sighs and tries one more time...

Listen up, in my ever so very very humble opinion, not that it means jacks**t you understand, but...

Let me reiterate:

16 speed is a good thing.

Dual layer is a good thing (no more compressing them DVD's - sweet :) )

And the Pioneer A108, especially at around sixty five quid, is probably a very good thing.

How's that? :D

c'est la vie

thank u very much

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
c'est la vie

thank u very much
Okey doke :)

Good grief, what was I smoking last night?

Forgive me, fellow forum members, if my tone was somewhat frivolous yesterday evening and if I may somehow have inadvertently caused offence to anybody with any replies :D

Not that I really give a monkeys but hey! Just to level... ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Mr Thermal Underwear:

Nero is always good. Has never let me down. It does the job and has handled everything I can throw at it, be it data, audio or video using Vision Express.
Erm, Floppy, have you gona all wierd again?

but thankyou floppy stockings

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Okey doke :)

Good grief, what was I smoking last night?

Forgive me, fellow forum members, if my tone was somewhat frivolous yesterday evening and if I may somehow have inadvertently caused offence to anybody with any replies :D

Not that I really give a monkeys but hey! Just to level... ;)

what were u smoking then?

i dread to think!
no offence taken!
:):):

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Floppy Stockings?

Methinks Mucks & James might have a wry chuckle over that one (don't ask) :D

What was I.... Um, Golden Virginia, honest officer.....

So, you gonna go with the A108 then?

Reaction score
Psd.. here is another review of your intended purchase on the Pioneer Dvr 108 check this out

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=10114

At the moment the only CD drive i have on this machine is a (Don't Laugh Now)... Creative Encore x6 DVD (Read Only)..

Does that pioneer have a Buffer?.. i found that when my CDR was up and running (dead now... decent burial it had too!).... that the buffer saved my recordings a few times.. I see the Onlight has a 2MB buffer... is 2MB a small size for a buffer these days?.. just asking as the drive i had was a Ricoh CDR was a few years back and that had a 2MB buffer

Looks good though Psd... :)

Reaction score
thanks Spooky Mouse, still looking into this DVD Rewriter.

you are rite it does look good so far
but never say never

Ask a Question