DVD autoplay autorun always starts Windows Media Player, want WinDVD

P

Peter Sale

When I insert a DVD into my Windows XP Pro notebook's DVD player a popup dialog appears allowing me to choose to
Play DVD movie
using InterVideo WinDVD (v4)

Play DVD Video
using Windows Media Player (v9)

Open folder to view files
using Windows Explorer

Take no action
Even though I select
Play DVD movie
using InterVideo WinDVD
Windows Media Player opens and starts to play back my DVD. The same thing also happens if I actually do select Windows Media Player.

To actually play back my DVD via WinDVD I must cancel this dialog and start WinDVD from Start=>All Programs=>Intervideo WinDVD 4.

Does anyone know how I might be able to "fix" the WinDVD4 selection in that dialog that pops up right after I insert my DVD so that I could use WinDVD4 to play back my DVD?

--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
To email me, just pull 'my-leg.'

D

David Candy

Reinstall WinDVD. Post back if that doesn't help.

--
----------------------------------------------------------
'Not happy John! Defending our democracy',
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

When I insert a DVD into my Windows XP Pro notebook's DVD player a popup dialog appears allowing me to choose to
Play DVD movie

Play DVD Video

using Windows Explorer

Take no action
Even though I select
Play DVD movie
using InterVideo WinDVD
Windows Media Player opens and starts to play back my DVD. The same thing also happens if I actually do select Windows Media Player.

To actually play back my DVD via WinDVD I must cancel this dialog and start WinDVD from Start=>All Programs=>Intervideo WinDVD 4.

Does anyone know how I might be able to "fix" the WinDVD4 selection in that dialog that pops up right after I insert my DVD so that I could use WinDVD4 to play back my DVD?

--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA

P

Peter Sale

That did the trick.

--
Many Thanks,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA

Reinstall WinDVD. Post back if that doesn't help.

--
----------------------------------------------------------
'Not happy John! Defending our democracy',
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

Play DVD movie

Play DVD Video

using Windows Explorer

Take no action
Even though I select
Play DVD movie
using InterVideo WinDVD

--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA

Ask a Question