DUN Dial Up VPN Connections Disappear in XP

Brent Wege

Ok, I've read many many many posts on this and still no resolution.
Every time I create a DUN connection, it will disappear on next boot.
The only thing that shows in my Network Connection Screen is my
physical LAN connection. The VPN/DUN connections are not there. They
are listed in rasphone.exe and internet explorer. I have to use
rasphone.exe to connect and disconnect from my DUN connections. This
is ridiculous. I am surprised this would ever happen in Windows and
that there is no common resolution to it.

Also, my little indicator in bottom right corner that usually shows up
for net traffic across the DUN disappears too. This only happens
after a reboot will my newly created DUN connections disappear forever
only to be connected via rasphone.exe.

Can anyone shed some light on this???

Thanks,

-Brent W.

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Look in device manager under network adapters. Do you have any other
adapters besides your LAN card? If so try reinstalling them.

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

And is your Remote Access Connection Manager service running?

--

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Brent Wege said:
I only have my Netgear FA311. I tried reinstalling the drivers. No Luck.