From: =?Utf-8?B?VGlt?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Dual Monitor Support
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:36:12 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients

We have a remote office that is connecting to the local Win2k advance server terminal server and client has dual
monitors connected to it. At this time we are using the RDP desktop on the clients and all clients are Win2k pro

Is there a client or way to make the RDP client dual monitor aware so that dual monitors works the same as it does on a
workstation. We are doing this for quality assurance so they can bring up pdf documents on one monitor and database
information on the other for data comparison

I have tried Citrix, Terminal Server Client and rdesktop in Linux as well and none of these has worked well. Rdesktop in
linux spreads the screen across both monitors so you can not run application in maximized mode and would require
additional licensing which we would like to avoid.
--

Unfortunately a RDP session does not support multiple monitors. The session window itself can be stretched across
mutliple monitors if it is not in Full Screen mode but it does not support multiple monitors within the session.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.