Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Good find Mucks :thumb:

Haven't watched it all yet - but those American presenters make me laugh :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well actually, it's a couple of kids that threw it together and the quality is quite bad ... but it give you the idea of what to do ... :thumb:

Though I don't know why they bothered with Windows. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats good Mucks, just watched some of it, but i am at work at the mo...

Will deffo watch it when i get home. :thumb:

Cheers :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I actually have been playing with the Ubuntu 5.10 since I received it as a gift in shape of two disc set (Live CD and Installation CD). While doing a bit of search for information I stumbled upon this link which I found to be very useful.

Ubuntu Dual Boot

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting presenters ;) About 2 mins in so far!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright, seriously, kudos to those guys for putting it together, it could be helpful to folks.

For myself, I actually know all the info they're offering, have done it many times.

At the moment though, I have two linux distros on two seperate hard disks, which I swap out of that machine using a 5.25" front mounting hard disk caddy. I have three caddy trays, each disk holds Suse 10, Mandriva 2006 and Win 98SE.

But I have run dual boot systems before, most modern distros will take you through the install process for dual boot, it's really not too difficult.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
posted by flops
Alright, seriously, kudos to those guys for putting it together, it could be helpful to folks.

For myself, I actually know all the info they're offering, have done it many times.

At the moment though, I have two linux distros on two seperate hard disks, which I swap out of that machine using a 5.25" front mounting hard disk caddy. I have three caddy trays, each disk holds Suse 10, Mandriva 2006 and Win 98SE.

But I have run dual boot systems before, most modern distros will take you through the install process for dual boot, it's really not too difficult.

yeh me too ?

Reaction score
Received the disks through the post this morning :)

Will have a play with it this week
nod.gif

Cheers,

Rich

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
mudfrog said:
Received the disks through the post this morning :)

Will have a play with it this week
nod.gif

Cheers,

Rich

Rich,

That is good news:thumb: I shall wait impatiently for your thoughts on same. ;)

I have read at many places that this distro works out of the box for most users and seldom one has to work on it. There is some very good information available on the Ubuntu Forums, I think you might find it useful provided you have time to spare and are willing to check it out.:)

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Rich,

That is good news:thumb: I shall wait impatiently for your thoughts on same. ;)

I have read at many places that this distro works out of the box for most users and seldom one has to work on it. There is some very good information available on the Ubuntu Forums, I think you might find it useful provided you have time to spare and are willing to check it out.:)

I'm sure I will be using the forums. Trust me :D
Will just be nice to try something new and try and get it working on both a PC and and Apple Mac
nod.gif

As soon as I have anymore info on said install etc I will post back my thoughts etc..

Cheers,

Rich

Reaction score
So far...so good :)

Well I'm posting this from an Apple Mac G5 using the Ubuntu Live cd :)
Had a little issue with it first of all not booting, and had to type in the following from the command prompt (or is that just for Window$? :D):
live-powerpc64

As it would not boot using mac-boot etc...

Still it's looking good so far :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Good start! Lets see how it behaves once fully installed. It will run much faster when installed.:thumb:

Ask a Question